Good Deal?

Not a bad deal, not a good one either, but consider what else must be done for the install.

The blowers themselves are all over ebay for $300 all day long. The problem is finding the lower intake manifold for them. All the cobra guys remove their blower and install a kenne bell kit or something like that, but that still uses their original lower intake and intercooler. So find a lower intake from a cobra first, as well as some C heads, and once that is all done then you can find yourself a cobra blower and bolt it on. But in the end, it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a kenne bell kit for a 96-98 cobra and be done.

The blowers themselves are all over ebay for $300 all day long. The problem is finding the lower intake manifold for them. All the cobra guys remove their blower and install a kenne bell kit or something like that, but that still uses their original lower intake and intercooler. So find a lower intake from a cobra first, as well as some C heads, and once that is all done then you can find yourself a cobra blower and bolt it on. But in the end, it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a kenne bell kit for a 96-98 cobra and be done.

C heads I can get cheap ($50 each). It's all the other little stuff I would need to get this working. I agree after looking around it's cheaper to get a KB kit and do that.

I knew ya'll were in the know about this stuff and thanks a whole bunch!
Joe

Yeah, getting the C heads isn't the hard part, its the time required to install them that makes it not worth it. I have a set of C heads sitting in my garage, but I can't justify pulling the heads off while the engine is running just fine, so there they will stay until I have some other reason to have the engine out of the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back