Going to have the LS back

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well my LS has been sitting for about, oh 6 months now.

It went to the shop yesterday and should be done and running again in about a week.

The transmission went out on it. I tried the Solenoid and all the other common things in the valve body region with no luck so off to the shop it went.

When it gets back I can finally start fixing the other issues as well....

yay

Heres some pics for you new guys

wheels 2.jpg

1982233_10203352534923454_101417748_n.jpg

fix-it-up.jpg

dropt out1.jpg

Where does one acquire that green t-shirted, plaid shorts jack stand? Looks like a soft cushion for the car..... ;)

I am pretty sure they can all be had from Sears :)

And you wouldn't believe how soft it rides with a fat guy under it

Sorry, do not like the spoiler, and the suspension looks like it's collapsed in the one picture. The bottom picture looks best.

And, I do the same thing. Two jack stands, and use the jack to hold the car up. I also slide any tires that are removed under the body where they will both be out of the way and act as a last resort safety stop in case the jack stands and jack all collapse. Yes, I'm a little paranoid about having a car fall on me.

Sorry, do not like the spoiler, and the suspension looks like it's collapsed in the one picture. The bottom picture looks best.

And, I do the same thing. Two jack stands, and use the jack to hold the car up. I also slide any tires that are removed under the body where they will both be out of the way and act as a last resort safety stop in case the jack stands and jack all collapse. Yes, I'm a little paranoid about having a car fall on me.

My LS has fallen when a jack failed while jacking it up, destroyed the door and side skirt.

That spoiler is baller bro ;)

That pic with the wheels tucked in, really tucked in, that's photoshopped right?

Nice ls either way. I really like the how it all looks in the first pic.

Alax, yeah it's shopped, if I had the money for that wind specifically I would put it on in a heart beat.

That first pic is garbage lol image quality anyways, its the only one I have on hand with those wheels.

There will plenty of pics to come when its fixed.

I recently picked up a 70-200 f2.8 for my canon and its amazing.

well they called me today, the overdrive system blew up, bits and pieces all through it.

Love that last pic. Those rover wheels are just nice. They fit the LS so well. If they weren't so heavy I'd have a set.

So are you going to get it rebuilt or find a used one? If you go used, you may as well do a shift kit, overdrive servo repair and a new shift solenoid.

Love that last pic. Those rover wheels are just nice. They fit the LS so well. If they weren't so heavy I'd have a set.

So are you going to get it rebuilt or find a used one? If you go used, you may as well do a shift kit, overdrive servo repair and a new shift solenoid.

They are putting in a TC, pump, sleeving the servo's, new servos, new bands, new clutch packs, new overdrive, a bunch of other odds and ends and comes with a two year warranty.

Just doing OEM, it's pricey enough as it is so I don't even want to start looking into aftermarket stuff...

Well was supposed to get the LS back today.... That didn't happen. Pump was DOA and now they are ordering a new one and supposedly will be here tomorrow for installation. We'll see how that all goes.

Well I got it back last night. I also ended up needing two coils. The LS never lets me forget what it is.

It drives great, smooth but firm shifts.

Very happy

A completely rebuilt, updated, ready-to-go transmission can be had from ETE for ~$1600 shipped after the core is returned. It typically ends up a lot cheaper than getting the original rebuilt, especially as they dig into it and find things to replace like they did with you. Glad to hear you have it back on the road, though!

Nice. Bummer you didn't have a higher stall TC installed, but its understandable

Members online

No members online now.
Back