Going into 2nd gear..

unityerased

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
as you know, i have a 93.. when going into 2nd gear, it hits in hard when accelerating at a slow or normal speed.. when going faster and going into second gear, you can hardly notice it. i have heard that alot of Mark's hit hard into second gear, any feedback?

Hard second gear

I don't know about your 93 but I know my STS has a computer that monitors driving habits and when you kik it harder for more proformance is shifts later and harder, but for my daily ride it is as smooth as butter, I hope this is what you are feeling here?

Hopful some Lincon guy's can fill you in on your 93

unityerased said:
as you know, i have a 93.. when going into 2nd gear, it hits in hard when accelerating at a slow or normal speed.. when going faster and going into second gear, you can hardly notice it. i have heard that alot of Mark's hit hard into second gear, any feedback?

Last edited:
Time for the 1-2 accumulator spring upgrade. The springs breaking is a common problem. It's a piece of cake job to do yourself, too. Get teh parts, a trans filter, good set of snap ring pliers and some Mercon V fluid and you'll be good to go.

We did this on my 95 when I first picked it up, and left the lower spring out. When I floor it, the 1-2 shifts chirps the tires. People look at me like "WTF was THAT!?" :D

Anyways, check out the following link. It's sure to help explain things better. Good luck.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/part_numbers.htm#Spring

any tranny shop should be able to do it, just give them the heads up on what you are doing, and print out the 1-2 upgrade paper, so you can give it to the person. if they know about the upgrade, then that is a plus.

Members online

No members online now.
Back