Gen1 clear corners

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Someone PM'ed me asking how this was going so I thought I'd post some updates. For those who dont know, I volunteered to do some clear headlight markers for you gen1 guys after someone asked if they were still made. By the way, they aren't made anymore.

I tried to get a bubble free cast without a pressure pot, but it was pretty hard. I almost had it on these two in the picture, but not close enough to my standards.

I ordered a pressure paint tank to use as a pressure casting pot to get a bubble free cast. It will be here tomorrow so I should have some finished products by this weekend.

Who would be interested in a pair? Like I told the guy in the pm's, I probably wont even break even with this project, but its ok, just doing my part to help you guys out plus I ind this fun. So what do you guys think a fair price for both you guys and me would be?

DSCN1183.jpg

Those look good Alax. I would say no more than $30 a pair is fair for guys who want them.

I would be interested if you could make the matching corners for the Sport bumper. Oh yeah, and u put the corners in if I send u a new set of headlights(of course I pay for your time and shipping).

I would be interested if you could make the matching corners for the Sport bumper. Oh yeah, and u put the corners in if I send u a new set of headlights(of course I pay for your time and shipping).

I could make them if I had a set, but dont they sell these on ebay?

Well I have never baked a headlight to get it apart, but I'll try it out if you want.

I think 30 shipped for a set sounds pretty fair for the buyers, not sure how that sounds for you...

IIRC, it was about $10 to ship my amber lenses to you from Cleveland. But shipping in a padded envelope would certainly be cheaper.

I have to pull my lights apart again anyways to re-do my HID shields, so I certainly wouldnt mind throwing a set of clears in...

Alax, I will be more than happy to be your guinea pig on this one.

Those look good, nice work!

Last edited:
I dunno if I would use them but I'd buy a set just because its cool your helping like that.. Maybe one day I will pop them in there? or ill take a set that isn't perfect and your thinking about discarding.. Either way got my support! Just keep us updated

Nice man, can always count on you for top notch work. If I still had 1st gen headlights I'd get a pair myself

Those are looking good Alax! I wanted to have those before I did my headlights (to remove the amber and buff them out). I may want them, just don't want to open them again. I do think they would look great, and probably better/cleaner looking than no lense at all. I'll wait to decide later after others have installed them for fit and see pics of them installed. Glad you made them though, great to see the contribution for LVC LS Gen 1 owners.

Nice work! I will take a set when u r ready!

2000 Base V6, wife's car, 87k miles

Those came out great! If I didnt have some already I would buy a set.

I'll take a set of clear lenses.. send the invoice to paypal jroccawilliams @ gmail . com shipping would be to p3c 3g4 sudbury ontario

Impressive work! Put me down for a pair I have an extra set of headlights im working on at the moment.

I could make them if I had a set, but dont they sell these on ebay?

Well I have never baked a headlight to get it apart, but I'll try it out if you want.

I find the amber corners on ebay but not the clear. May have been a "miss" on how I searched. In the meantime, any Gen 1 owners have a set they want to donate to Alax for the benefit of those of us who want a matching set?

Please....LOL.

If we can get the corners worked out, I will go ahead and buy a new set of headlights and send them out to you.

If he wants to pay shipping I can ship my right side. anyone have a left side available?

I have a set of amber sport markers I'm not using, but I'm not sure what shipping would be to cali from here though.

Members online

Back