Gen 2 seats in a Gen 1

MediumD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Will they just fit directly in? Or what would I have to do to get them in? I have an opportunity to score a set for fairly cheap, front and rear.

The search function didn't do me any good.

Actually the best way to do it is to take your gen 1 seats and put the cushions and covers from the gen 2 seats on em.

Yeah, a motor in the passenger seat doesn't work on mine so I was kinda hoping I could use the whole thing.

lol,i did this on my old lsc's a 89' with 91' interior.had lost one feature which was the fogs,which i really didnt care, had to replace 89 dash and put in the 91 dashboard----lol--- just inorder to close the doors with 91 panels and seats...learned u cant just put seats and panels and expect eveything gonna look good but once we closed the doors..forgetaboutit! after installing carpet,door panels and seats...the dashboard was hitting upagainst the doorpanels when ya close...so everthing had go out and rip the dash out and place it with the 91 dash..whatta job,the set up of your instruments from 89 to 91 is differnt,so rewiring and extending...uhh-just thinkin about it makes my laugh cause how much time it took...lol, but we finshed it all and gave her a custome paint job and had her for 2 yrs no problems! she became one sharpe A$$ Btch and new shoes too for an 89!

As far as I have been told you can NOT swap the entire seat, just he cushions and covers - which is even not an exact fit. The 97/98 model year introduced a new communications sub-system and the Gen II seats will not "talk" to anything 96 an earlier. They will fit but not work.

Thanks unity. If I'd have to make up my own wiring harness to make them work with the switches and probably lose seat memory along the way... I may as well use some SHO seats with the inflatable side bolsters.

Members online

No members online now.
Back