gen 1 rear power outlet (or whatever its called)

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
wanted to know if i can just buy the rear vent with the power port on it to use a phone charger (or other things) in the back. Or do i need the whole console to do that. My car does not have it for the rear and i need one for my son's tv

thats what i was looking at. that and the whole console thats listed too. i just dont want to buy the whole consl=ole if i dont need to

I think you could just put that in, I dont think you need to replace the entire thing.

would you happen to know if i can just tap into the front one to power that safely?

it would be very easy to add a power port to the existing center console, just go to any part store and get the socket kit, take it apart to see where there is room for a hole with out getting in the way of anything behind it, then run a fused power wire from the box in the passenger kick panel (you can ground it anywhere in the console itself) and call it a day with out having to buy a whole nother console, by the time your done $10-$15.

would you happen to know if i can just tap into the front one to power that safely?

yes you "could" do that but then the amount of power both plugs has to be the same or lower then the what the fuse is for the front one, basically, you cut the amount of power available down to about half (if using both at the same time)

yes you "could" do that but then the amount of power both plugs has to be the same or lower then the what the fuse is for the front one, basically, you cut the amount of power available down to about half (if using both at the same time)

Yeah I was gonna say you probably could use the same power, and figured you could only use one at a time.

I would say do the first thing 1loudLs said and make a new one, save yourself some cash.

Tapping into the front one to power the back one should be no problem. Its no different then running the 3 way power splitter that I use in the one front cig lighter. I run 3 things off one cig lighter.

mark 8 front and rear cig lighters are on the same fuse. no biggie. just watch the amperage.

thanks all! ill be trying this tomorrow, seeing how i have the whole day to myself (no wife and kid all day:D:D:D

Members online

Back