GEN 1 axle measurement

PMJJ

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Could someone with a GEN 1 axle laying around get a couple measurements for me. Trying to install an 8.8 rear end in a GEN 2 car. The original thread on this build states you need GEN 1 axles but I want to make sure because parts store is telling me they are a special order non-return item.

I need measurements:
A
B
C
D
inches or mm is fine. Sorry about the crude picture, I don't have any photo shop program.

Thanks alot.
Pete

axle2-Optimized.jpg

I do not know the dimensions, but you can be fairly confident that they are needed.

Would you be willing to fab up another mounting bracket when you get around to that step?

Would you be willing to fab up another mounting bracket when you get around to that step?

I would but, I went a different road and took the entire sub-frame out and took it to work and made the mounts with the housing mounted to it on the bench.

mount 3-Optimized.jpg

Some more pics of your swap would be awesome as I wanna do the swap in about a months time, I will also see if I can get measurements from work

Could someone with a GEN 1 axle laying around get a couple measurements for me. Trying to install an 8.8 rear end in a GEN 2 car. The original thread on this build states you need GEN 1 axles but I want to make sure because parts store is telling me they are a special order non-return item.

I need measurements:
A
B
C
D
inches or mm is fine. Sorry about the crude picture, I don't have any photo shop program.

Thanks alot.
Pete

Sorry it took so long. When your busy at work you forget a lot of things.
A.) 3.45 inches
B.) 1.5 inches
C.) 5.38 inches
D.) 1.575 inches

Hope this helped. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back