Gen 1 and Gen 2 8.8 swap brackets available now

2000lsv8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Performance Driven is now fabricating and selling these sought after brackets!
The price is $70.00 plus shipping for the pair of brackets.
You will still need to weld the brackets to your sub-frame.
Installation is also available at extra cost.
Contact Brian at Performance Driven
(317)821-1548

Last edited:
Performance Driven is now fabricating and selling these sought after brackets!
The price is $70.00 plus shipping for the pair of brackets.
You will still need to weld the brackets to your sub-frame.
Installation is also available at extra cost.
Contact Brian at Performance Driven
(317)821-1548
(I'll upload some pictures shortly)

There is a pair? I thought there was just 1 bracket under the pinion? Is he doing the driveshaft too?

I did just find a good deal on a cobra diff and this might be just what I needed. Any pics? And why are there two brackets?

The design varies depending on the fabricator.
He took the sub-frame out and did it on the bench.
There are two bushings on the front of the 8.8 housing.
Hence two brackets.
I'm having trouble uploading the picture. Buy I'll post it on the LVC Facebook page

Not yet. They just made the first set today and It's all sitting on the bench still.
Ok its on the LVC Facebook page now

There is a pair? I thought there was just 1 bracket under the pinion? Is he doing the driveshaft too?

They haven't gotten to the driveshaft on mine yet. I plan on having an aluminum shaft made for mine. I believe he has the driveshaft work subbed out. But measurements will need to be taken once the rearend and trans are in place.

Sweet. This will open up the door for more people to get gears

Sweet. This will open up the door for more people to get gears

It is probably the better solution but it's not quite a bolt-in. I don't think it will be as useful as the bracket that mounts in the stock location going under the pinion. Still easier to drop the exhaust and center then the whole subframe. Not that it matters I guess, you still have downtime getting the DS redone.

They haven't gotten to the driveshaft on mine yet. I plan on having an aluminum shaft made for mine. I believe he has the driveshaft work subbed out. But measurements will need to be taken once the rearend and trans are in place.

Are you doing both halves of the driveshaft or just the rear half of it? And what kind of money are they thinking?

It is probably the better solution but it's not quite a bolt-in. I don't think it will be as useful as the bracket that mounts in the stock location going under the pinion. Still easier to drop the exhaust and center then the whole subframe. Not that it matters I guess, you still have downtime getting the DS redone.

Are you doing both halves of the driveshaft or just the rear half of it? And what kind of money are they thinking?

Nothing is "bolt on" for these cars. Even the bracket that's designed to go under the pinion still has to be welded in.

I'm doing the entire shaft because I'll also have a different transmission.

Yeah its not as simple as a bolt on but the dirty work on the brackets has been done now, one less step you have to go through

With having the bracket already fabbed up, is there any reason to drop the subframe?

(still at work, still cannot see any pictures ;) )

They need to be welded on and Idk how much room there is to work with.. you might not be able to get a grinder or gun in there.. also, that could be close to the gas tanks..

you wouldn't need to drop the sub frame but it would make things a lot easier. and dropping the subframe isn't really that hard. 4 bolts on the subframe itself and disconnect the struts and brake lines. You also have to remove the bracket that's there already but that's a given since you'll be replacing it with these.

you wouldn't need to drop the sub frame but it would make things a lot easier. and dropping the subframe isn't really that hard. 4 bolts on the subframe itself and disconnect the struts and brake lines. You also have to remove the bracket that's there already but that's a given since you'll be replacing it with these.

OK, so I do not need to drop the tank? That just made it easier. Sounds like I can just put the car up high on jack stands, drop the exhaust, bracket, unbolt the brake lines and lower strut mount, 4 subframe bolts, and wheel it out from under the car :)

Now it doesn't sound that bad other then I'll need to bribe my welder buddy to throw his TIG gear in his truck and come over. Either that or I rent a truck and take it over there and weld it up. That's do-able in a full weekend.

Now I just need a pre-prepped drive shaft. The DriveShaft Shop has all the dimensions/etc written down so I can just send them the rear shaft and they can get it done? I believe the gen1/2 V8 are same shaft. If I can get that done before hand then really all I'm looking at PITA wise is welding the brackets on. That I can deal with in an average weekend.

Again, not seeing any pictures...but it could also be possible to drill and bolt the brackets in, saving even more trouble.

Again, not seeing any pictures...but it could also be possible to drill and bolt the brackets in, saving even more trouble.

Sorry Josh. I thought I had put a picture on here but I guess I didn't. I'll get to it when I get home.
You could bolt them in I suppose. But you'd have to drill through the subframe. And I think that would weaken both the frame and the brackets. They welded mine bc of the HP ill be pushing.

Sorry Josh. I thought I had put a picture on here but I guess I didn't. I'll get to it when I get home.
You could bolt them in I suppose. But you'd have to drill through the subframe. And I think that would weaken both the frame and the brackets. They welded mine bc of the HP ill be pushing.

No worries, that was not a jab at you...most picture sharing sites are blocked for me at work so I was not sure if I was commenting on something that was obvious to others.

Last edited:

Members online

Back