Gas mileage run

stang99x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
800 miles overall, from atlanta to summerville sc, then summerville to beaufort back to summerville, then to santee sc and back to atlanta (and a few little in betweeners) 34 gallons of gas, 23.5 avg mpg. I was a little disappointed in that performance, granted there were a couple run ups over 100 for fun around state lines. I drove from tampa to atlanta when i bought it and got 31mpg. I'm wondering if the few mods haven't cost me a couple mpgs:confused:

i've been averaging 19.2 all around (city and highway) with mods. i get about 260 miles off a tank.
has any one got the full range that the computer gives you

I would put my 94's average up, but I don't want to start another pissing match about how it's impossible.

My 98 would average about 24highway, the 95 about 20.

?????
I drove from Frederica, Delaware to Baltimore, Maryland averaging 26 mpg it was about 2hrs n some change....98 LSC just got this one last week 109K

With mine I get about 22-24mpg on the highway and in town get mid 19mpg. Thats with the mods

Ill let you know how mine does this weekend from ILto PA. the 3:73s will make it a little less than where it should be though.

mine gets 16 around town.....on the highway at 69mph with the cruise i got 26.9 going to north jersey on the tp

Back and forth from FL to MN I got 27+ out of my 94, granted I used the C/C for 8 hrs at a time. I only stoped to fill up.

My old 94 would consistently do about 29mpg on my weekly 400mi round trip, best it did was 31.5mpg. Hilly terrain at 70-75mph, altitude varying between 5200 and 7500.

My 93 with 4.11s would do about 24-25 on the same trip.

what's in Summerville for you? That's where I live. Come here often?

I have some good friends that live there. I stayed with them overnight for an easy trip to the wedding the next day....my in laws live in north charleston and Johns Island. They live off dorchester road, i usually get off at exit 209 (ashley phosphate) and run down to dorchester and hand a right. BTW, the wonder wash down there, not a very good carwash, and thats coming from a guy who owns a carwash. I'll be back down there July 4th if you wanna try and meet up and compare rides:cool:

Sounds like I am right around what you guys get... 17-19 in the city and 25ish on the road... I can get almost 30 at around 65... I hate driving that slow though!

I have some good friends that live there. I stayed with them overnight for an easy trip to the wedding the next day....my in laws live in north charleston and Johns Island. They live off dorchester road, i usually get off at exit 209 (ashley phosphate) and run down to dorchester and hand a right. BTW, the wonder wash down there, not a very good carwash, and thats coming from a guy who owns a carwash. I'll be back down there July 4th if you wanna try and meet up and compare rides:cool:

I'll actually be in Virginia Beach that weekend for sister-in-laws wedding. :(
Maybe next time.

shyt. youll be up my way on july 4th. i live in newport news.

Yeah, I used to live in Norfolk--I'm in the Navy. I've got a friend there that's got a 94 Mark that'll be in the 10's as soon as he gets the engine back in the car. His name is Dave Peters. HwyStar on markviii.org

I haven't checked my 97' yet, computer usually says 21mpg, mixed driving.

Next Friday, I'm driving from Phoenix, AZ to Lake Havasu City, AZ. About a 500 mile round trip. I'm hoping for good MPG, speed limit is 75 and it's 90% flat land. I'd be happy w/ 25mpg, but am hoping for better. I'll do a fresh oil change before hand and add a little MMO to the tank, hope that helps.

Yeah, I used to live in Norfolk--I'm in the Navy. I've got a friend there that's got a 94 Mark that'll be in the 10's as soon as he gets the engine back in the car. His name is Dave Peters. HwyStar on markviii.org

we should all get together while your up this way and compare rides.

mine has never went over 16.6. but i am basically all city, and only go about 5 miles to work. before all my mods i was only getting 13.

Just got a solid 29mpg from Albert Lea, MN to Ames, IA

ive hit 25.5 but thats driving like grandpa, top speed was 60 and it took about 2 miles to get there. this was on a 42 mile drive home from work, with 11 stop signs, i even took a pic for proof!!!! and mike your drivetrain is FAR from stock lol

25 mpgs.jpg

I'm in the same vote as KK. I couldn't break 20's if my life depended on it (mostly due to my driving as well ;) , the gears and tune don't help any either, or the fact I am very rarely on the highway and traffic here sux almost all the time :D)

28 Mpg

Range... 465 miles on full tank. Avg. 28 MPG going just about 60 mph around here, nice day, A/C off. Average 25 mpg blasting to work through the sticks....15 miles no traffic lights. Use NON ethanol premium I get here locally. Think mileage got better again with it.
Strange the car doesn't have the smoothest idle but overall mileage is awesome for
that V8. A few new coils, all double platinum plugs and Mobil 1 5W20. I'm happy.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back