FYI-Inexpensive reman calipers

Terrapin88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I thought I had a frozen parking brake cable causing my pads to drag in my 98 Continental. I ended up needing to replace my right rear (passenger side) caliper today. I got lucky and my local Advanced Auto Parts store had one in stock for $48.99 with mounting bracket and hardware. I looked on google and found an Advanced Auto coupon online for 20% off bringing my total with tax to just about 39 bucks. I ordered it online and picked it up 30 mins later. Dropped right in and is working perfectly so far. Not how I had imagined spending my Sunday, but on the bright side, the new caliper fixed the annoying pull to the left I've been experiencing during braking and that's one more thing off the to do list. ;)

Anyway, thought I'd mention it as an option if you ever need one quick on a Sunday afternoon.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...utm_campaign=confirmation&utm_content=general

What I have seen is reman calipers can be had cheap if you buy it with the bracket. they seem ot be more expensive w/o the bracket.

It was about $11 cheaper without the bracket, but of course they would have had to order that one. They only had the one with the bracket in stock. In hindsight I'm glad I got the bracket. Mine was pretty fugly and for the difference in price it makes no sense for me not to get the bracket.

I would say always get the bracket. Funny thing is when you try to buy just the bracket it is super expensive.

Members online

Back