fuse location Joegr, others?

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I lost my manual and tried a google search, where is the fuse location for 2002 ls v8 rear turn signal. Mine went out and replacing the bulb didn't fix it. I tried two bulbs.

I am hoping it is not my REM.

I read in another thread a while back where if the dash light is flashing and one bulb is, then the Rem should be okay, or maybe I have that backwards.

Joe confirm?

ah I thought we only had the 06 manual. which I was unsure if it would translate to 02 in this case

The only thing that doesn't come on is the back driver turn signal. All my other bulbs do work. The socket seemed fine. I haven't taken a meter to it yet. the hazzard button does not activate that bulb either. My understanding is the relay for the turn signals are in the Rem and Fem...

Let me check to see if my reverse lights work, It has seemed darker when backing up at night, but I also have night time blindness so figured it was that. I see those are linked together

The drivers for the front turn signals are in the FEM. The drivers for the rear turn signals are in the REM. It's certainly possible for it to be a problem in the REM, but I haven't heard of that issue so far. I have experienced problems with the bulb sockets. I had to bend one of the contacts on one of mine to get it working reliably again.

You should get +12V (referenced to the car's frame) at one of the contacts the whole time the car is awake. The other contact is switched from a high resistance to ground (off) to a low resistance to ground (on). You have to check that with either a 12V test light or if you use your meter, the bulb will have to be in-circuit at the same time.

I will let you know what I find out tonight, hopefully just a socket or fuse issue, but this an LS we are talking about

so I double checked last night and the reverse lights were out as well, I pulled that fuse and sure enough popped. So new fuse and good to go.

I chased a similar problem on my front signal 1st gen... seemed to be by itself (maybe it wasn't)

Glad it was simple for you

The fuse was blown and you are assuming this is a simple issue? The fuse blew for some reason. That reason will probably happen again...

The wiring all looked to be in good shape as well as the socket. I was thinking perhaps the bulb it self may have shorted. If it happens with the new bulb and fuse I will tear further into the wiring..

I figure I will update on this issue.

I have yet to have the fuse blow again and it has been some time. It leads me to think I was correct in the short being in the bulb itself. I wish I would have kept it to see if that is true but alas I did not.

FWIW, I had a failure to start last winter and traced it to the fuse for the ignition. I replaced it and have been good to go ever since. I was prepared to have to dig further into the circuit in question but have had no reason to. (Fingers crossed!)

KS

Members online

Back