Fun Run Racing - Sept. 12

9 wins out of 14 runs... best of the day...

RT 0.565
60ft 2.149
1/8 ET 9.529
1/8 MPH 75.62

Check it out... Video Album .

mini-100_0447.jpg

:dancefool

Man John, I got to tell you. I am impressed. Looks like you won 9 out of 10 races and you treed the crap out of everybody.

I can't believe you can get that 4000 lb barge moving like that with just a chip, duals, gears and drag radials.

Are you leaving the line from idle?
Have you run the quarter with the same setup?
Do you know what you are putting out at the rear wheels?

I was just shocked to see that car leave everybody at the line. I can see the car runs out of steam on the top end a little with the tall gears, which is why I was asking about the quarter.

I can see why you had fun. Treeing everybody and then running away from them is always fun. Congrats.

MonsterMark said:
Are you leaving the line from idle?
Have you run the quarter with the same setup?
Do you know what you are putting out at the rear wheels?

I was just shocked to see that car leave everybody at the line. I can see the
car runs out of steam on the top end a little with the tall gears, which is why
I was asking about the quarter.

My launch is from idle with the tranny in D and always have the TC and OD off. Everytime I've tried a different technique, it sux - bigtime.

I've run at a 1/4 mile track with nearly the same, sans shift kit and DRs. My best in the 1/4 is 14.544 @ 96.25 MPH and the best in the 1/8 is 9.407 @ 76.13 MPH at a 1/4 mile track(spring weather). I was flirting with besting the 1/8 mile time with a 9.529 @75.62 MPH with track temps in the 90s.

The problem with that particular 1/8 mile track is traction. I don't think I'll ever see my best times there due to that reason alone, but it is the same problem for your opponent as well! :biggrin: Did you see the one with the Vette? I couldn't believe it myself! Last time we met there, he smoked me big time start to finish.

I haven't a clue as to what I'm putting out at the rear wheels. I suspect I may have partially clogged cats as my mileage seems down, so maybe that's the reason it appears to run out of steam? I need to find time to replace the oxygen sensors and run a couple diagnostic tests.

Thanks for the kudos. :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back