Fun Run Racing - Aug. 1

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
www.funrunracing.com

Come join me this Sunday and have a few runs down a 1/8 mile track and help show the Lincoln pride! :p

mini-FunRunPic.JPG

My last visit on Father's Day was a grand old time! http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=1137

OK, OK - you can bring the Caddies too! :tongue:

Last edited:
Dammit, man! I need more time! Give me a week or two notice and I'll be up there! Hopefully during next semester we can work something out. Hope the weather stays nice for you. Bring back pictures, especially of your timeslips. ;)

Josh, check their site... they're open thru Oct. 3, two Sundays a month. $5 cover charge and all day racing pass for $10, or a single run for $2 registration plus $2 per run. Trophy bracket race entry fee is $5.

I plan on going at least once per month - Aug.1, Sep. 12, Oct. 3.

Wow, was it hot out there! :gr_devil: That's OK though as Fun Run Racing lived up to its' name today.

The best timeslip of the day was:
RT @ 0.549
60' @ 2.280
1/8 @ 9.823 seconds @ 73.33 MPH :givemebee

Ray(1wykdmk8) from Pittsburgh came down and kept me company. We made it a Lincoln showdown most of the runs except for a couple. We were the only Lincolns there but we did find a couple Mercs.

We had a grand time despite the heat, and look forward to doing it again! :biggrin:

Thanks for showing up Ray!! :headbang:

mini-100_0397.JPG

mini-100_0379.JPG

mini-100_0387.JPG

mini-100_0393.JPG

mini-100_0382.JPG

mini-100_0385.JPG

Sifrino3 said:
Thats bad a$$. Did anyone get video?

Oh yeah, lots of videos from Kodak digicam. Problem is they are 5-10MB each in QuickTime Movie format. I don't have the capability to host, compress, edit or change format however. :frown:

driller said:
Oh yeah, lots of videos from Kodak digicam. Problem is they are 5-10MB each in QuickTime Movie format. I don't have the capability to host, compress, edit or change format however. :frown:
I'm sure if you ask nicely, someone here can help you out! ;)

Man....did I have a blast.......once again! JP (driller) is a really kool guy, and not a bad driver either......(well....he is a bit better equipped than me....4.10's and an exhaust helps :p ).

I did not go there to really win anything, I basically went there to have a bit of fun, and see what the car is capable of. My best run was a 10.176 and my 60 foot times were pretty consistent at 2.40ish (some above, and some below 2.40). The only thing I have on my car is the Lightning spark plugs, 9MM Ford Racing wires, Baumann Engineering shift kit (set at the highest #5), and a Steeda Timing adjuster. That is it, everything else is stock.

All day, ppl were coming up to us asking WTF do we have under the hood, and just about everyone was surprised to find out that we have the Cobra prototype motors (well...that is basically what they are....rolling test beds for what is now in the Cobra's) and that they were as fast as they were, considering the weight we carry (would have loved for them to have seen anyones Mark VIII with either a SC, or alot of mods....like mine will hopefully be...they would have went nuts).

They also came up to us because of the crazy burnouts that we were doing. Next to the cars/trucks that had high HP motors, we did the craziest burnouts ALL DAY. I must have lost at least 2000 miles off of my brand new Yoko's.....but I LOVED IT. We did like 5-6 car length burnouts right up to the starting line. Too bad the videos are so big (right now) they would be crazy.

I can not wait to get more mods done and see what difference it makes. This weekend I will most likely be installing the Walbro 255 High Pressure fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator, and the new Spicer U-joints (along with poly transmission cross member mounts).

Lookin forward to going back to the track for some more F U N!!! Thanx for the invite JP......good lookin out

:yourock:

Last edited:
1wykdmk8 said:
Lookin forward to going back to the track for some more F U N!!!
You plan on making it to either of the next two weekends? The more of us we can get there, the better!

The upcoming weekend is already pretty much planned out for me. The Carlisle All Truck Nationals is this weekend and I plan on going to hook up with some friends I have not seen in some time. And I also have a party to go to on the same day for my Uncle who may not be with us for much longer (he is REALLY sick). So, this weekend is out.....maybe the following...who knows.

JoshMcMadMac said:
I meant when Driller would be going. How about September 12th or October 3rd?

How about September 12th AND October 3rd! :beer:

Think we got a little carried away with the burnouts, huh? LOL! :biggrin:

Last edited:
driller said:
How about September 12th AND October 3rd! :beer:

Think we got a little carried away with the burnouts, huh? LOL! :biggrin:

Who....US????
Looks around inquisitively.......

Hopefully by then 'our' wheels will be in and the drag radials will be on......then LET EM RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!

:steering

Last edited:
Figures it is the one where I was pickin my nose at the starting line.......hahahahaha. That was like the first run....was it not?

WE WANT MORE
WE WANT MORE
WE WANT MORE

Any burn out vid's....or are they all just you whoopin my booty?

1wykdmk8 said:
Figures it is the one where I was pickin my nose at the starting line.......hahahahaha. That was like the first run....was it not?

WE WANT MORE
WE WANT MORE
WE WANT MORE

Any burn out vid's....or are they all just you whoopin my booty?

I take it it works. :biggrin:

OK, this is all my freebie site will fit...

Fun Run Lincolns (Yeah, the first run Ray)

Fun Run Ray (Ray wins!)

Lincoln vs GT (JP loses!)

We'll see how long the bandwidth holds up. LOL! :L

driller said:
We'll see how long the bandwidth holds up. LOL! :L

Not long! LOL! :confused:

Please Note: You are no longer an authorized member of Tripod. You have been removed because your web site violated our Terms of Service or you chose to self-delete. For more information, click here.

No Luck:

Sorry, but the page or the file that you're looking for is not here.
• Please check to see that you've entered the correct URL.
• The owner of this site may have chosen to delete their membership.
• The site may have been removed due to a violation of Tripod's Terms of Service.
• The site may have been moved to a different URL.

Please search again for this page, or others like it with the search box above.

Kale

Members online

No members online now.
Back