Fuel pump

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Here are some pix I took of the replacemnt of the fuel pump, and it is a direct replacement. The ONLY special thing I had to do was to cut the fuel line to the correct measurement for the new pump. THAT was all. Everything else is VERY straight forward. No special tools, and no special steps. The electrical connection fits with no problem, and the new pump fits with no problem. The only other thing you have to do, is to remove the protective rubber cup that is around the bottom half of the old fuel pump. You have to break the clip that holds the old pump filter on, and then remove the rubber cup (protector) off of the old pump. The pix I have are self explanatory. Like Jeremi said the hardest part is takin the gas tank out of the car to get to the fuel pump.....WHAT A PITA!!!!!

fuelpumpunit.jpg

fuelpumphose.jpg

fuelpump.jpg

fuelpumpbracket.jpg

fuelpumpbottom.jpg

Now, I did not take any pix of the new pump installed, because it looks damn near the same as the old pix.....just newer and different color. It is very straight forward for removal, and installation. Hope this all helps.

Members online

Back