fuel pump and other odds and ends

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
since my car has 155k on the clock I was figuring some preventive maintenence I may do...i was thinking of replacing the fuel pump with a 190 unit, what do you need to do to change it out , also what else do you guys suggest as preventive at this stage, i would like to change bushings and such....things already done : a tune with all the goodies, plugs, wires, fuel filter, tranny flush,coil over conversion(No more air ride) :eek: . I just don't want to be out and about and get stranded because of somthing I could of fixed sooner, I will say for having 155k the car runs like a dream!,esp with the diablo chip&magnaflows :D anyway give me your thoughts, next also will be cat delete exhaust with x pipe, tires wheels, live wire coil packs and wires, and the list goes on and on and on and on............... :L

I would suggest a tranny cooler, it seems like you have the rest covered.
BTW, changing the fuel pump can be a pain if you don't have someone helping and the right tools. I thought I heard Geno suggesting to cut a hole in the metal under the back seat to access the pump but I never heard anything after that. Basically you should have the back end on jack stands, empty the tank, lower the exhaust, and then lower the tank. You don't need to lower it all the way out (or at least I didn't). I'd suggest getting help from someone that has done it or you can get extremely frustrated.

Last edited:
Is one of the 190 or 255s from say Jegs or somewhere a direct bolt in replacement or is modding required?

190%20LPH%20Pump%20pic.jpg

www.supercoupeperformance.com

driller, i was looking at supercoupe performance, i am thinking of also buying an art carr street strip tranny and adding a cooler, but how in the world would i ship the tranny back for core and what would it cost? could i have it deliverd to a shop and let them deal with the core?, driller did you install that fuel pump and whats the differance between stock and the 190 also should i change injectors? or leave stock?

driller said:

viiiball said:
driller, i was looking at supercoupe performance, i am thinking of also buying an art carr street strip tranny and adding a cooler, but how in the world would i ship the tranny back for core and what would it cost? could i have it deliverd to a shop and let them deal with the core?, driller did you install that fuel pump and whats the differance between stock and the 190 also should i change injectors? or leave stock?

Have the shop get the tranny and let them deal with the core. At least you'll know the price upfront.

I had the guy who did my exhaust do the fuel pump as well.

The stock pump is rated at 140 LPH at 39 PSI.

Stock injectors are fine for over 400HP by most counts.

ONEBADMK8 said:
FREE SHIPPING!

Sometimes shipped for free without asking, huh Geno? :D {inside joke}

BTW, Jeff I got my fuel pump from Geno at LMS. Go full tilt and get the 255 IMHO. I can barely hear it, that's what most people complain about - is the noise from the 255 vs the 190. Be sure to replace that tired stock regulator with an LMS Pro Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator while you're at it. That way, anything you throw at it later, the fuel system will be up to it.

As far as other stuff - brakes, suspension bushings, pulleys, serpentine belt, battery, alternator, cooling system flush, and thermostat should keep your maintenance lust fulfilled. :steering

What is involved in changing the fuel pump. I just ordered a 255 and my dad says I'm going to be paying out of my a$$ to get it installed. These fuel pumps are (in tank ) pumps, correct ?. How much would a typical shop want for replacing it ? Rough estimates will do.

Thanks for your time...

FWIW I paid my exhaust guy $113.90 for exhaust installation and R&R fuel pump AND supplying 2 chrome tips. I think the labor was like $76. I thought that was a very good deal. :)

Geno, you got my buisness!!!!! BTW guys what would happen if i just put 373 on a stock rear end w/rebuild? I cant really afford a posi right now but possibly later i could. just need info. also Geno whats the price on your trannys compared to the art carr street/strip one? and is it set up the same?, I want to use as much LMS stuff as I can stuff into my car! :D :feed :give :Beer

driller said:
FWIW I paid my exhaust guy $113.90 for exhaust installation and R&R fuel pump AND supplying 2 chrome tips. I think the labor was like $76. I thought that was a very good deal. :)

MonsterMark said:
Dog, its a do-it-yourselfer job but you got to buy the :Beer . Deal???

No problemo..... Damn we'll get a keg; some more people wanna join us.

The first-ever "LvC Kegger", Oh that sounds like a sweet a$$ plan. Word to the wise, Joey.

Oh, and Bryan... Make sure to bring some models down too. :Beer

Members online

Back