Fuel injector question

Top of the engine, under the chrome fuel rail tubes, 8 of them each with a connector on them, should have a yellow/orange plastic on them. IF YOU HAVE NEVER CHANGED THEM BEFORE STOP. You break a bolt on a fuel rail and your screwed. Bolts may require alot of Thread out, thread in action with some wd-40 on the threads. The bolts are hard metal, the intake is soft. If you break one off (they break easy) it will be damn near impossible to tap it out. Make sure the O ring ARE IN PLACE when you reinstall them. And DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM.

If you are looking for a miss, you can start the car and unplug one fuel injector at a time, when you pull one and the engine note does not change you hit the right cylinder.

thanks for the ifo. and i am looking for a misfire. number 4 to be exact. i changed my valne covers. And its still misfiring. So i think it either the coil or the fuel injector.

pullout #4coil and pull out the spark plug,then attach the spark plug to the coil and start the engine if you see a spark the coil is good,now you can confidently pull the fuel injector out

pullout #4coil and pull out the spark plug,then attach the spark plug to the coil and start the engine if you see a spark the coil is good,now you can confidently pull the fuel injector out

Thanks for the info

Members online

No members online now.
Back