Fuel Filter Instalation? (Help)

01LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

2001 LS8
I'm gettin horrible gas millage so i've decided to change the fuel filter. Anyone have an idea how to put a fuel filter in? Anything special i need to know before i tackle the job...? I know its located under the driver's side wheel well. I also know that i have to releave fuel pressure before i try something like this otherwise i'll be taking a bath in some gasoline... Anyone know how to releave the pressure? Is there a button in the trunk to do that? I know some cars have that...

Thanks,
Josh

I have attached a word doc with the procedures and some drawings. Nothing to it. I'm not sure if you can (SAFELY) relieve the pressure without the special tool or not.

BTW, you need to order a manual for your car if you're going to be doing much work on it. That's the first thing I do anytime I get a new car. They are worth their weight in gold.

Attachments

• 2001 Lincoln LS Fuel Filter Removal and Replacement Procedures.doc
    78 KB · Views: 323
mharrison said:
I have attached a word doc with the procedures and some drawings. Nothing to it. I'm not sure if you can (SAFELY) relieve the pressure without the special tool or not.

BTW, you need to order a manual for your car if you're going to be doing much work on it. That's the first thing I do anytime I get a new car. They are worth their weight in gold.

Nice write-up man. Thanks.

mharrison said:

Thanks soooo much!!! i vote for this in the tech articles!!!! Mods lets do it!!!:woowoo2:

Well, don't get too excited, I cut and pasted the article from a FMC CD that I bought on eBay....curiously enough when I got it, it was a silver CD-R with Magic Marker "Lincoln LS".....heh..heh..

I just put it in a word doc to get all the pictures in....

Members online

No members online now.
Back