Fuel filter connector

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. I'm in the middle of my repair ( whole front suspension overhaul) so I can't post any picture, but I will after I finish the job.

Anyway, during this repair, I wanted to replace the fuel filter and when I got to it, I manage to break the outlet side of the fuel connector. I'm not sure just how I broke it as I was just turning the line and to see how I going to disconnect the line and this big piece of green plastic fell off. It could be from previous owner as ball joint is toast, as well as tie rod, shocks are dead, COP was is fairly bad shape ( I replace the whole COP and Plugs). Anyway, I'm not sure what the part is call, but it's the green plastic piece that you push to release the lock. The broken piece was big enough so I manage to put it back in, push the release plastic and manage to get the filter off, and replaced it with new one, but of course, the piece is still broken. Line itself is lock to the filter at the moment as I felt the click, but I'm afraid as soon as the pump kicks in, pressure might send the line off. I did tried to pull it, but it didn't come off, though.

Anyway, is there like a aftermarket repair kit or am I stuck with OEM? If OEM, what should I look for? I did look at the parts list from places like Tasca and other places, but could not find what I'm looking for.

Car is 2004 LS with V-8.

Well, back to the repair.

If you are talking about the plastic clip, you can usually get those at most auto parts stores.

I'm not sure that is a replaceable piece. Looks like it's part of the fuel line. You can try one of the clips like Joe mentioned (it's a white "U" shaped clip similar to the green one), but I wouldn't bet on it. You WILL need SOMETHING to secure filter to the line.

I'm not sure that is a replaceable piece. Looks like it's part of the fuel line. You can try one of the clips like Joe mentioned (it's a white "U" shaped clip similar to the green one), but I wouldn't bet on it. You WILL need SOMETHING to secure filter to the line.

Worm clamps or zipties! :D

Look in the help section in the auto part store if you can't find it there you may have to buy the hose splice kit to get the clip

I replaced the fuel filter for the first time back when I was going to Maxton every month. I put in a 'hot-rod' filter with a replaceable element. In order to fit it in place I used about a foot of FI hose and cut it so as to be able to double-clamp it with a pair of SS worm-drive clamps. Several months ago I took the filter out to clean/replace as necessary. I cut the hose apart and used a new piece. The whole business has worked just fine.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back