FS: Second Generation Headlights with Angel Eyes

LeaSr77

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my pair of second generation headlights with angel eyes installed. I recently installed my OEM HIDs finally. The angel eyes were installed by Alax about two years ago. Now hears the deal, the plastic covering on the small rings on the high beams are damaged as you can see in the picture. I think what caused this was I had some high wattage bulbs in there and the heat from the bulbs melted the covering on the rings. The low beam rings are still intact. The rings work even still but it's just the coating has melted. I had considered contacting Lightwurkz to see if I could get two small rings but never did. These lights were configured to work on an first generation LS. Look closely in the picture and you will see that I took off the harness that powers the turn signal to adapt to my harness on my car. What I did I went and bought a set of harness from Pep Boys and installed them on the lights and on my harness on the car. So who ever decides to get these will have to do the same thing. Other than the housings are in very good shape. No cracks in the lens at all. The driver side headlights was actually new when I purchased it. I'm asking $400 and that's with shipping included. If anyone have any specific questions just let me know.

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

GLWS man. If I had not gone the way of oem HID as well, these would have definitely caught my eye.

Wow. Do you use your high beams that much?

Good luck with the sale.

Wow. Do you use your high beams that much?

Good luck with the sale.

No but I know what happened. When I installed them, I had the low beam and high beam reversed. So when I thought I was on low beam, the high beams were actually on. I found this out one night while at the car wash and decided to step back and look at the car and headlights were on. I was like "Why do I have high beams on"? That when I determined that I had the wiring crossed up. The lights had been on the car for a while at the time.

No but I know what happened. When I installed them, I had the low beam and high beam reversed. So when I thought I was on low beam, the high beams were actually on. I found this out one night while at the car wash and decided to step back and look at the car and headlights were on. I was like "Why do I have high beams on"? That when I determined that I had the wiring crossed up. The lights had been on the car for a while at the time.

Human error :D That sucks Good luck with the sale!

Does the melted coating affect the light output? Have any pics when lit on your car?

No not selling the LS. I just installed the OEM HID assemblies that I've had sitting around in my garage for about ten months.

Oh, that explains it. Its an easy fix though.

Does the melted coating affect the light output? Have any pics when lit on your car?

I don't have pics of them on the car with the melted rings but it doesn't affect the light output. I lit them up with my jumper and they still show. Only picture I have are when I first installed them on the car.

@Leasr77, @Alax. What's the life expectancy of the rings? Can you post that pic?

Members online

Back