FS: 1973 Triumph GT6 MK3

TriumphGT6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am finally selling it, as I am buying a Corvette. It's been a fun car, and here's the description I have been posting around the internet.

MOST IMPORTANT INFO
1. It's in Grand Rapids, MI. I won't ship, but will help you trailer it.
2. It's $3000 FIRM. I want a pile of cash or a cashiers check, that I will cash with you there before signing it over.
3. It is sold as is, where is. No warranty, but its dirt cheap and very restoreable.
4. The timing was souped up along with the ignition, it will be reset to stock to ensure proper running when sold. It will be original when you acquire it. Stock it had 105BHP and had a top speed of 117mph. There were minor things done to achieve decent gains, but I don't want to sell a finicky car to someone.

AD
==

I may ramble in this ad, so be aware.

5781tal.jpg

1973 Triumph GT6 MK3
2.0L S6 Original Engine w/ 52,900 miles
2x Original ZS 150CD or CDSE carbs(I forget) that are synchronized and don't leak.
4sp. Non-OD transmission, Original
Original Wheels, amateur repaint when bored last year.
Very little rust, but here is where it is:

Bottom of driver and passenger rocker panels.
Bottom at weld of Passenger Rear Quarter Panel.
Both Front Valences, one was bondoed, would replace both as bondo is a stupid thing to do on a part like that.

Now the good:

The hood is rustless, the doors are great, and there are only a few dings on the car. The car has very presentable paint, but because of the bodywork that needs to be done, it's pointless to not repaint the car. The car was repainted in the 1980's by the previous owner, and is a very close match to the original color. The engine does NOT burn or leak ANY oil. Currently, the gearbox leaks at the transmission to driveshaft seal.

More stuff:

The handbrake sticks, and needs to be worked on so it is functional. The power booster is untested, as it was disconnected when I bought the car, and I have no idea how to get it going. It needs an alignment and has one bent wheel. The chrome on the bumpers is ok, but I would get a rechrome if this were to be restored. The frame is straight and not rusted. The car was rustproofed sometime in the mid eighties, and everything underneath has great paint, and no evidence of any rust repair. The inside of the car has already been went through, and the floors have been wire brushed, reinforced on the welds with fiberglass, and repainted. The seat frames have been wire brushed, repainted, restuffed amateurly and the original good condition cloth seat covers were put back on. It has new carpet w/ rear deck mat. It needs new door panels, as the ones it has are cheap looking and were made quickly by me just to get the car on the road. The car is mostly complete (Minus the armrest, pads that go next to it, and the little cover that goes over the pads, along with the spare tire.). The car needs a new gas line installed, as its current one broke when we replaced part of the exhaust.

I welcome you to come and look at it, as I don't want to sell it to someone who doesn't know exactly what they are getting.

PM me, or call (616)401-2713, anytime up until 2:00A.M. EST.

Members online

No members online now.
Back