front grill ram air done and here come's codes

mike b lion

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Help ! I how have a 4''inch rubber scoop that sits lower left bottom side grill of a 98 mark.its a 90 degree rubber pipe (home depot)with a rubber 3"inch flex tube about 2foot long and makes 3 90 degee or less turns then dumps in to the intake box.using the same size tube with the bends i stuck it out the sun roof to feel the air flow and man there is a lot coming out.the codes p0102 and p1414 are up and wants to stall and the rpm's drop low when at a stop.what should i do .ANY TRICK !! MBL

There is no such code as p1414. P114, yes. Which I suspect is what you got.

Both of those codes deal with the MAF. Either you damaged it, or just plain forgot to plug it in.

Though, I would think if you forgot to plug it in, you'd get a P112 or P113 instead of a 114.

Also, it is generally advised against putting any bends in the airflow before a MAF because of the turbulence the air will be under, making the MAf read the incoming air incorrectly.

Frogman said:
There is no such code as p1414. P114, yes. Which I suspect is what you got.

Both of those codes deal with the MAF. Either you damaged it, or just plain forgot to plug it in.

Though, I would think if you forgot to plug it in, you'd get a P112 or P113 instead of a 114.

Also, it is generally advised against putting any bends in the airflow before a MAF because of the turbulence the air will be under, making the MAf read the incoming air incorrectly.

I agree. Check the MAF connector and that there are no pins damaged then connect and try again. I f still gives you a hard time then, as much as a Pain as it is put the old system back to see if the issue goes away. If it does then there you have it - too much turbulence. If same issue occurs then I would expect that the MAF is faulty.

Rotsa ruck!

Members online

Back