Front end shake at 70~ MPH before & after new wheels

LowLincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I had my new tires mounted/balanced on the new Bullitt rims last weekend and put on the wheels on the car myself using the provided center rings to center the wheels correctly onto the hubs.

Before the new wheels, I had a faint steering wheel shimmy at around 70~ MPH and thought it wasn't a big deal since I was going with new wheels. But after the new wheels, the shimmy'ing & shaking has gotten worse.

Before I decide to take the front wheels back to the same place that mounted them so they can rebalance them, is there anything I need to be looking at on the front end? Would all the worn bushings cause this? Maybe a bent spindle?

I would hate to go to the tire place only to be told that they are perfectly balanced.

Were did you get your Hub Centric Rings?
What rims were you running before the Bullitt rims?

I'm gonna bet there's some front end parts that are causing this... How was the tire wear on your old tires? Pretty even?

BTW, North Port here!

Since you had a little shimmy before @ the same mph i'll go with susp part's. The bigger/wider wheels will make it more pronounced.

It also doesn't help that you had to run rings either. Were the previous wheels perfectly balanced?

Members online

No members online now.
Back