Front cobra rotor flat warning

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI if you put Cobra rotors and calipers up front your spare won't fit. Ask me how I know. I did the cobra swap along time ago and knew this but forgot. Blazing down highway then BANG this. Hit some pothole at 75 mph.

001_zps77be7da4.jpg

I pull off 4 lane highway to shoulder. Pull up even more when shoulder widened even more to get me farther from traffic. Like any guy I time myself when doing this. I pull jack and spare jack up car pull off front wheel and spare goes clunk clunk. SHOOT darn cobra rotors. Put dead tire back on. Jack up rear,pull that one put spare on rear. Took rear tire then jack up front and put that on front. That's why I don't like running staggered tire sizes. On the road in 14 minutes. Had 50 mile ride home white knuckled hoping nothing else blows. Made in home going 60 whole way.

003_zps33f4e1d4.jpg

That is where a 17 inch spare from a Jaguar S Type or a Lincoln LS is nice. Make sure you have the proper lugs for those spares, as they can be different. I got a 17 inch spare from a Volvo and they do NOT clear Cobra calipers, the face of the wheel hits the caliper. I use it as a spare with my Cougars, it clears the Sport (or Mark VIII) brakes and the Mustang PBR calipers as well.

Frekin stupid me I forgot I have another GT rim set up as my spare! I forgot to put it in car!

Actually I am an idiot for not noticing that you must be hubswapped.

Before the Cobra/Mach/Bullit spares were the expensive solution, but since 2008 I think many Mustangs come with a 17 inch spare, and you can find one much cheaper.

Actually I am an idiot for not noticing that you must be hubswapped.

Before the Cobra/Mach/Bullit spares were the expensive solution, but since 2008 I think many Mustangs come with a 17 inch spare, and you can find one much cheaper.

No I didn't hub swap.

Members online

No members online now.
Back