Free stuff! (Pay it Forward thread)

Kraze

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
So here's how this will work. Post here with what you have that you want to give away. If you come across the thread and are in need of a part, post up that you want it, and preferably post something else you have that you wouldn't mind giving away for free.

Optional: If you post some stuff to give away, you can also make a recommendation for stuff you wouldn't mind getting from someone else.

Here's my original first post with what I'm offering to anyone in need at the moment:

In my effort to give a little something back to LvC, I will ship out a set of 8 Mark VIII cops to anyone on here for free!

NOTE: At least one of these coils are faulty. See this thread: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=61624

However, all 8 have basically brand new boots on them (around 1 year old).

Also, if you're just trying to hoard parts, please leave this offer to someone that truly needs the COPs. Post here if you want them. Thanks.

And whoever ends up getting this, if you have some other Mark VIII parts someone might need but you don't, it would be nice if you offered them up for free too. Kind of like a pay it forward thing. I might end up making it to where you have to offer something else up for free if you want these.. we'll see how this goes.

Thank you for this offer ... This is what we need more of on this site.

Not that we have to give everything we have away but that we not always look to make the biggest bag for the buck on our parts when a fellow member is in need.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for this offer ... This is what hoep we have more of on this site.

Not that we have to give everything we have away but that we not always look to make the biggest bag for the buck on our parts when a fellow member is in need.

Thanks

No problem! If whoever takes this offers something else up for free, I'll keep it going. I have a couple more things I can give away.. including a couple headlights and trim pieces.

I dont need them but I do have some 97 light graphite door panels and rear side panels someone can have if they pick them up. Located in Mt Vernon IL. Wish someone would offer some free rear bags. :)

I dont need them but I do have some 97 light graphite door panels and rear side panels someone can have if they pick them up. Located in Mt Vernon IL. Wish someone would offer some free rear bags. :)

Now we're talking! I think I'm going to change this thread into the "Pay it Forward" thread, since I like the idea of keeping this going for people instead of just giving away a set of COPs for free and being done with it.

Gone :) sold :) no gots no more :)

GONE :) SOLD :) NO GOTS NO MORE :)

I have a MFS (multi function switch) for a gen 2. I have no use for it as I have gen 1s. Came out of a wrecked 98 CE, low milage car. $5 for shipping and its yours. Send PM if interested.

MVC-006F.gif

I have a MFS (multi function switch) for a gen 2. I have no use for it as I have gen 1s. Came out of a wrecked 98 CE, low milage car. $5 for shipping and its yours. Send PM if interested
i'll pm you about the mfs. I'll pull together a few parts for the pay it forward thread. :cool:

1.97 hood-black pickup only
2.a few factory speakers laying around-just pay shipping.
3.black 97 door with 1 door ding. pickup only.
4. grey interior parts. 97. the expensive stuff is sold. higher mileage so it is worn a little. big stuff is pickup only.
5.black rear bumper-97. pickup only.
6.more to come when it's light out

i have the passenger side outter handle for a gen 1 in blue (complete) very good shape, and a driver side-view mirror housing in red, i also have the trunk liner and tire cover for a Gen1, but it has paint on it
if you want em lemme know, the carpet will hit the trash soon

Alright I have 2 rearview mirrors. One that looks like a Gen I and the other looks like the Gen two. The one that looks like the gen II has crack which you can see in the pic. I should have three but one of them does not dim. I might still have to find the one that works. Just pay shipping and it's yours.

IMG00205.jpg

IMG00206.jpg

I have engine parts(crank shaft, heads, wiring harness, intakes(genII)), looking for a 93 one piece driveshaft, and a chip for a 98

hey kraze what headlights do you have? are they first gen and do you have a left and right? i need a pair to restore, for another member here, and i wouldnt be charging to restore them to the person in need, its kind of top secret but we'll all know in due time!! but i could use a set of first gen headlights, basically they would be restored and donated for a good cause on here thats all i can say!

hey kraze what headlights do you have? are they first gen and do you have a left and right? i need a pair to restore, for another member here, and i wouldnt be charging to restore them to the person in need, its kind of top secret but we'll all know in due time!! but i could use a set of first gen headlights, basically they would be restored and donated for a good cause on here thats all i can say!

2nd gen.. they're off my 97. One was brand new after it got replaced when a guy backed into my car in a parking lot, then no more than 2 months later it must've been hit by a rock and chipped the upper corner of the light and my paint :mad:

I'll take some pics.. maybe you'll have a use for these for someone else.

When I get the set you've done for me installed, I'll have an extra set of Gen 1 headlights. If you need them, they're yours. I'll ship them back in the box the one's you sent come in.

It will probably be next weekend before I get the new ones installed, so they probably won't get mailed off until the 15th.

PM me an address. Shipping is on me. If you think it's worth donating your time and talents, I think it's worth donating the headlights.

hey thats sounds great Ron, that would be great my address is right on the box and no rush getting them back we have time to get them restored for the cause so when you get the chance is good with me! thanks man, when they are handed over i will make sure the people involved know you supplied them too.

Consider it done.

hey thats sounds great Ron, that would be great my address is right on the box and no rush getting them back we have time to get them restored for the cause so when you get the chance is good with me! thanks man, when they are handed over i will make sure the people involved know you supplied them too.

I just got a '98 LSC with Light Prairie Tan interior. I need some sunvisors. Preferably Homelink but regular is OK since I don't have a garage.
I am parting this car. Am keeping the wheels. I would be willing to give away some parts. Just let me know what you need.
009.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a set of stock ignition coils from a 95 that I don't need anymore. they worked fine when I took them off. I also have a wood shifter surround from the same car. It's not perfect, it has a chip & a crack. I'll snap a pic if anyone wants it. (Edit) The shifter bezel wood was peeling up, I glued & clamped it, but it didn't hold well. Pic below

HPIM1090.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a '98 LSC with Light Prairie Tan interior. I need some sunvisors. Preferably Homelink but regular is OK since I don't have a garage.
I am parting this car. Am keeping the wheels. I would be willing to give away some parts. Just let me know what you need.
You may want to start a thread in the parts forum for that one. What kind of mods are on it? Is that ebony interior?

009.jpg

What kind of exhaust is on it?

I've got a first gen hood, fenders, trunklid, and maybe a couple other assorted things.... but the caveat is that they would need to be picked up in Albuquerque, NM.

How do you remove the steering wheel? My alarm will go off and my lock with beep the horn, but when I try to beep the horn i hear it click but not getting any horn?

Do relays go bad? I looked for a fuse for the horn but couldn't find one in the drivers manual, i poppe off the side panal to no avail. I guess the switch could be bad on the steering wheel.

To remove that panel, i guess theres two bolts on the side right, the cover doesn't just pull off?

GONE :) SOLD :) NO GOTS NO MORE :)

I have a MFS (multi function switch) for a gen 2. I have no use for it as I have gen 1s. Came out of a wrecked 98 CE, low milage car. $5 for shipping and its yours. Send PM if interested.

MVC-006F.gif

How do you remove the steering wheel? My alarm will go off and my lock with beep the horn, but when I try to beep the horn i hear it click but not getting any horn?

Do relays go bad? I looked for a fuse for the horn but couldn't find one in the drivers manual, i poppe off the side panal to no avail. I guess the switch could be bad on the steering wheel.

To remove that panel, i guess theres two bolts on the side right, the cover doesn't just pull off?

Lower part of the cover has 2 screws that go into upper cover. Upper cover has 2 nuts that hold it on, it does not pop off. Have to drop the column to get to the nuts.

Steering wheel will come off without removing the cover. Be sure to disconnect battery before removing air bag! Take out the torq screw and use a puller with metric bolts. I've had luck just pulling them off but becareful with the clock spring wire.

I have a saddle colored carpet for a Gen 1. It is in great shape, no burns or bald spots. I personally would maybe give it a quick cleaning before I installed it, but its a nice carpet. FREE to anyone that wants to come get it. I am located in Statesville, NC. Otherwise its getting tossed in the dumpster.

Members online

No members online now.
Back