Free mods?

tripwire1124

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anything in these cars that could be done at home in an afternoon or so? things like weight reduce, port TB, port intake....stuff like that? Any info would be great...couldnt find much searching this site....thanks in advanced

remove this:

Fuel%20cap.jpg

Install this:

mark8.1-lg.jpg

best mod any LS owner can do :)

But what if he wants a semi-reliable car? ;)

my car has left me stranded 4 times in 40,000 miles. has 180,000 miles now.

worn out starter. (lasted 150k)
bad battery. (not the cars fault.)
transmission. (lasted 170k)
fuel pump wiring. (idk what happened there.)

sounds semi reliable to me! overall, i've had less downtime than my mom's 2000 LS V8. (coils, balljoints, cracked plastic pieces, another ball joint)
;)

ok so...
take off gas cap..check
install mark viii...check

anything else? haha

for free? well, not much.. not like on old 5.0s or anything. i hear good things about an intake and tune though. aftermarket is pretty lacking. especially for the V8.

I think he wants a performance mod not an ugly mod.

Just what i was thinking.

Why the hell would anyone wanna downgrade and go backwards in time? I like having a fairly recent vehicle. Only older vehicle i would purchase is a cheap beater car or a cobra.

They just dont know how sweet the 06 is.

Just because I saved the link last time. They aren't really much you can do for free, but there are a lot of mods you can do that are cheap and will add little improvement to looks here and there.

Reverse sst mod. Well if you dont even have sst, add it, just install in reverse if you want.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=13846

Debadge, custom paint your emblems, clear the amber out of the headlights.

Throttle body coolant bypass, muffler or resonator delete, port your throttle body, weld your spider gears... That should be enough to get you started.

Do a member search for SPSully, he had a Gen1 with a good bit of work done, mostly for cheap.

Or paint the plastic inside the headlights gloss black or something (that may be my next mod)

Members online

Back