Ford Racing crate Coyote motor

Remember on top of the 6300 for the engine you have to pay 1500 for the engine control pack to run it.

Remember on top of the 6300 for the engine you have to pay 1500 for the engine control pack to run it.

Indeed, the variable valve stuff needs it's own control pack to work. Apart from that you could probably get the onboard stuff to work if you could match up all the sensor connections but it would almost for sure be cheaper to just buy the proper stuff.

i like what driller did. 5.0 block, 5.0 stroker and ported b heads and intake. plenty of power and it drops right in. 5.3 liters of displacement.

i like what driller did. 5.0 block, 5.0 stroker and ported b heads and intake. plenty of power and it drops right in. 5.3 liters of displacement.

But it weighs aton and you have to do alot of parts buying ,machining and assembling where you can just buy this all done.

i guess its whether you want to put the time into building an engine,

or hacking up the cars wiring harness to run the 5.0 with the vvt computer and installing the drive by wire and pedal.
then the question of
intake set up,
oil pan,
tach and gauge cluster
oil temp,
coolant temp
oil pressure,
oil level sensor,
tuning,
what trans will you run, a 4r70w with a stand alone computer, a 5 speed, then you need a pedal and driveshaft,
one of the mustangs autos, then you have install it, control it, and get a driveshaft,
and so on..

not exactly all done, ;)

there are hurdles to cross either way.
but drop some money building a motor that i can use the tuned stock pcm and trans and it goes right in sure sounds pretty nice to me.

as far as weight..

Looks killer. Any idea how much more the cast iron block weighs, than the tecksid aluminum?

I've read 40 to as much as 60 lbs.

If it's a problem, well we'll just have to work on that. Relocating the battery could just about break even. ;)

that is far from a deal breaker for me.
i've added 2-3 times that in stereo equipment and big wheels and tires.
and he should have no problem surpassing that 412 hp number as well.

I'm not a fan of stroked B head motors. Rather put a blower on the stock motor.

Of course when I stated "ALL DONE" I was refering to the engine only. Plus with the 5.0 you get a 2 year 24K warranty.

Why not just get forged internals/stock 03-04 Cobra motor and whipple the **** out of it? ;)
Much easier, cheaper, more HP, less work and so on.

Have you priced termy engines? Also have you priced out whipples?

I could understand if a termi engine would be 6k in Sweden but in america? It can't be that pricey. Sure more than just a Mark Viii engine but it can't be that much for a used termi engine

Intake kinda looks like a gen 1 mark with the tb on the wrong end
Know it's a diff animal but,, just sayin.

I am sure one day one of you crazy guys will do it. Hell, may even be me. I have stared at them and see it will take a custom oil pan, custom mounts and the AC may not be an option. Motor sits a little taller so a hydro boost may also be needed for the brakes. Custom brackets to make the front drive accs fit well. It can be done but will take some work.

As for used Termi motors, they can be found for around $5000. Aluminators are closer to 9k and then you have to drop 3-6k more depending on size of blower you want.

I think the real fun will be getting a 3.5 eco boost from an F-150. Then the cars weight balance will be closer to 50/50, you can also make it a front mid engine (almost), plus its lighter and more power is a tune away. You also get the killer mileage.

Ahhhh, some day.

I think the real fun will be getting a 3.5 eco boost from an F-150. Then the cars weight balance will be closer to 50/50, you can also make it a front mid engine (almost), plus its lighter and more power is a tune away. You also get the killer mileage.

Ahhhh, some day.

Oh heck yes. Anyone can just ask Mr. Roadboss about the EcoBoost! Are they much different than the SHO EcoBoost, other than I assume being tuned differently for pickup truck duty?

I would just go with the used terminator parts, there's no way getting the parts used and installing them yourself would reach 10k. I like the idea of a 5.0 mark but man if I win the the lotto, that will be what I do.

Almost any time you get out the calculator and really add up all the parts and time needed, a crate motor nearly always turns out to be the smartest way for any half way moderate machine.

Now for your monster power mills it is often cheaper to build em'.

03/04 Cobra motors aren't really that pricey. It would be far cheaper to drop a Cobra motor in a Mark VIII without much fabrication than to put a 5.0 in a Mark.

What it he using the block out of? I forgot...is it the block from a Boss 302, or just a block FRPP makes? Either way expensive I say! ^_^ Only if it were as easy to swap these in a notch/foxbody, as it was a Mark. Maybe someday somebody with deep pockets, and who wants to be different, will do so.

Members online

Back