Ford OEM head unit interchangeability

Speedracer

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what other Ford stereo head units can be directly swapped into our Mark VIII's? Can either be with or without harness modifications. I'd like to get a single CD or in-dash CD changer of the Ford OEM variety.

I appreciate all the future after market tips but save it, as I find them with a search. For some reason I didn't find anything about Ford OEM interchangeability, though.

Thanks

First or second gen (I have sigs turned off). I have a second gen CD player just laying around.

It's a second gen '97 with the changer in the trunk, but I'd like to replace it with an in dash Ford OEM CD player or changer from an Explorer, Exped, etc. Just curious what's plug and play and what's not. I've heard around 05 they started using CAN on the head units so those don't work at all. Does that mean before that works?

It's a second gen '97 with the changer in the trunk, but I'd like to replace it with an in dash Ford OEM CD player or changer from an Explorer, Exped, etc. Just curious what's plug and play and what's not. I've heard around 05 they started using CAN on the head units so those don't work at all. Does that mean before that works?

I have a Mark VIII double DIN in dash single CD player from my '97 cheap.

Members online

Back