For you detail lovers out there

Pepsi2185

LVC Mafia Henchman
Reaction score
For those of you who own a 95-96 towncar, i have a strange question. Do the power window and seat controls light up on the driver and passenger door, is there rear cigarette lighters? I know lincoln dropped details in the cars around that time and they may be different for each year. Much appreciated.

Big Joe

I have a 1996 Cartier and the Ford shop manual for it.

The car did not come with rear seat cigar lighters but the manual thinks that it did. I installed lighted ones myself. I can give you wire colors to tap into if you like. I decided to let the lighter have power only when the car was in accessory or run so that the kids wouldn't run down the car battery with their reading lamp or gameboy. :p For the small lamp I just tapped the ashtray lamp.

I guess they were thrifted out at the last minute to save $1.50.

mvigor

Do you have any pics of your cartier???

Where did you get your cigarette lighters from???

Where did you get the shop manual from???

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated

Big Joe

The lighters I got from the local Autozone store for $8 each. I'm in search of lower wattage bulbs for them because the light leaks out too much around the edges of the armrest ashtray door, and the colored plastic trim ring around them is an amber color that doesn't match the factory blue one in the front ashtray. They work as power points, but they had to be installed so high in the black plastic that they can't be left with lighter elements plugged into them or the sliding door will not close at all. I'll add in some plastic caps that say 12V on them when I find some.

I bought my manual new from Helms for $94 because I didn't stop and think that I could get a used one on ebay for $25.

I can take pictures of anything you'd like to see. If you want to see some now take a look at my post in the $100 contest on this site.

Last edited:
HI ALL. i have a 1995. On all the doors it has a light to illuminate the window and door lock switches. Not the brightest but they are there. And it also has the rear cigarette lightes in the doors on each side, those are also illuminted in the ashtrays. Its cool. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back