For Sale: 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T Highly Modified

LS Chazzy J

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I figured I'd post this here too for you guys who might be interested in owning a cool toy. This is a toy of mine, I've worked on it since I was 16 years old (I'm almost 27 now). I know the entire truck's history. It's immaculate and been stored/garaged it's whole life. It has a custom fit cover and I have performed all the work myself. I'm not asking much for it. But please, understand, the truck's book value is about $7500. I'm asking 10,500 for it with the $20,000 worth of additional parts (that's like paying $3000 for $20,000 -- pretty good deal). So your bank would give you a loan for $7500, you'd have to bring the other $3000 to the table. However, I am accepting offers too. I don't know if any of you would be interested in a toy as such. Any questions let me know -- now onto the actual post:

Alright, this is a re-listing of a post I made last September. Life is changing, I'm getting ready to move and don't plan on taking the truck with me -- too much hassle to move and store, etc. Current mileage is at 48,5xx. The truck is in mint condition as always - not so much as a door ding. I try to drive it once a month to keep all the parts and fluids moving. I've done most all of the work myself.

I'm not after the money on this, but I'm not going to give the thing away either. I'm listing it for $10,500 obo. I don't leave for a few months but would prefer this to be a quick sale. So I'm entertaining serious offers if the "steal it now" price of $10,500 is too rich for some. The truck is for sale locally and will be going on Ebay and craigslist some time this month.

You can contact me about the truck at dakota98dodge@yahoo.com (it's a very old email that doesn't pertain to this truck), or a PM.

Here's the specs on the truck:

The basics:
1999 Dodge Dakota R/T
48,5xx Original Miles
made August 1998
5.9 360ci V8
46RE Tranny

Here's a list of the parts: (over $20K in parts)

EXTERIOR:
-Stillen Front End
-Cervinis Side Skirts
-Shaved Tailgate
-Silver Racing Stripes
-SS Grille
-SS Side Mirrors
-Billet Antenna
-25/25/10 Tint
-Gemtop Tonneau Cover

INTERIOR:
- Cerullo XR3 Leather Seats
- Cerullo Leathered Center console
- Leathered Door Panel Inserts
- Custom R/T Sun Visors
- Custom R/T Floor Mats
- Bed Rug

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN:
-K&N X-Stream Open Element
-52mm F&B Billet Throttle Body
-4bbl M-1 Intake Manifold w/ 2bbl adapter
-Stock 19# Injectors
-Stock 1.92 Magnum Cylinder Heads
-Mopar Performance 6500rpm Valvesprings
-Mopar Performance Roller Lifters
-Comp Cams Custom Ground Camshaft (specs below)
-Comp Cams .080 Heat Treated Pushrods
-Harland Sharp 1.7 Adjustable Roller Rockers
-JP Performance Double Roller Timing Chain
-Mopar Valve Covers
-180 Thermostat
-PPH Custom Flash PCM
-Gibson Shorty Headers
-No Cats
-Flowmaster 40 Series
-True Dual setup, no x-pipe
-MSD 6A Ignition Amplifier
-MSD Blaster Coil
-Accel Brass Cap and Rotor
-Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires
-NGK 4291 plugs
-Precision Industries Viper 3400 Stall Converter
-TransGo Shift Kit
-Mopar Performance Tranny Solenoid/Transducer
-Yukon 4.56 Gears in the 9 1/4 SureGrip rear end.

About The Camshaft
the cam's specs are at:
Intake Duration @ 210
Exhaust Duration @ 220
Intake Lift @ .050 --- .510 lift
Exhaust Lift @ .050 --- .510 lift
LSA @ 110
Installed on a 106 centerline

1/4 mile has been bested at 13.6 @ 100.7mph. With a nice set of ported cylinder heads and some sticky tires it'd run somewhere in the neighborhood of 12.9 - 13.1 about about 104mph give or take 1mph.

I will try to answer questions as quickly as possible. I keep a sharp eye on my email, but I do get busy. Please be patient. The truck can be driven daily, it can be raced, it can be shown, or a trailer queen. You also get the custom-fit cover I use to store it (it's old and a little dusty, but gets the job done).

For all the photos/videos, click here:
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/na360rt/

P7010047.jpg

DSC00695-1.jpg

P7010053.jpg

DSC00698-1.jpg

P5170174.jpg

P5170154.jpg

DSC06807.jpg

DSC06796.jpg

DSC06804.jpg

DSC00792-1.jpg