For Sale 1996 LSC Black Gray

Warden

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I can't keep it any longer, no time no money. Never going to get back what I have put into it.

1996 Black on Lt Graphite LSC
Around 81,000 miles
$5k obo.

The answers to most of your questions....

HID's have one small foggy area but are clean
some chrome flaking on trim
Clean car that needs a serious buffing due to wind buffeting under stupid cover.
LMS Double X exhaust practically new
LMS chip (not currently in car)
Brand new ASHAM 8 works great.
16" 10 Spoke Painted Rims in great condition/
or 18" Speedstars that currently rub and need fender cut or roll. ASHAM to Raise car to solve most rubs.
Northeast car with surface rust on frame. Many people have looked at this and confirm its normal.
Rockers are solid. The oil pan is a bit rusty but still holds oil. I bought a replacement oil pan from Jamie and was hoping to put in this summer. Search my user name for Rust and you'll see for yourself.

Replaced under 1k miles ago...
Front OEM bags
OEM rear bags
OEM Compressor
OEM Dryer
Rear Shocks OEM
Upper control arms
Lower control arms
Ball joints
Tie rods/ tie rod ends
Axel bearing and Hub assembly
Strut rod bushings
Rotors
Calipers
Pads
Sway bar links
Belt
Idle Pully

Parts I have yet to install....
Spider Valve,
3 Piece Wing

I have the chip out currently because the car stumbles and either has a vacuum leak or simply needs an IAC. I will be looking into this as soon as I can get this into a garage, hopefully within 4 weeks..
Other than that this car rides like a dream. Especially with the stock tires. Still wants a one piece drive shaft to be ultra smooth. Put the large tires on and the drive shaft becomes more noticable. Denny's 4" was on my eventual list of adders.

I am serious and I am putting on ebay and craigs list and if I repplace the IAC i'll drive it along the beaches within 2 miles of me and let the car sell itself.

:(

PS, i'm also selling a 2004 VRSCB black frame and Anodized tins with under 15k miles for $7k. That's 1500 lower than current value.:(

LSC96 2009-06-14.jpg

IMG00028-20090616-0712.jpg

IMG00025-20090615-1427.jpg

IMG00059-20090627-1949.jpg

IMG00077-20090627-1956.jpg

IMG00151-20090415-1900.jpg

IMG00155-20090415-1902.jpg

IMG00066-20090627-1951.jpg

Last edited:
Working 60+ hours/week and only getting paid for 30 really sux. Maybe back to full pay by end of this year:eek: No time or money to spend on this. The longer it sits the more it will need. It hasn't been driven more than 3k miles for the past 3 years that all the work has been done to it.
Anyway, I added more pics. I'll grab a better camera at some point after I get the car cleaned up.:(

Good luck with the sale.

It should sell on craigslist.
Put the photos on a share site like photobucket and copy the html and paste it right into your ad.
That way you have nice big clear pictures.

Car is currently still for sale.
I just moved into a new house and the car is now in my garage; it'll be about a month before I will have a day to work on the IAC and other misc maintenance.

Interest seems to be growing over the last week or so, which is hopefull.

Very tempting but so far away. If you haven't swapped out the TPS yet, I would go ahead and knock that out while you're doing the IAC. A bad IAC is usually only an idle problem, not a stumble problem. A bad TPS can cause what you're describing. Also sounds like transmission shudder.

It only has an idle issue. Once the car starts moving it purrs. And it's still up for grabs.
I have all the parts (minus a gasket or 2) to fix but I still don't have the time to fix it. If I worked on cars more often I could handle the fixes but since i'd only have an hour here and there to work on it i'd lose pieces and forget how to get it back together. The car deserves better.

I am not trying to sell it, I'm also not trying to not sell it:confused:. But it is just sitting there. I felt soooo guilty working on the Vrod the other day next to the 8. I don't think she was happy.

But she is garaged and can sit for a year or two or three if need be. My next move is to get it up on jack stands. Might just do that this weekend. Couldn't possibly take longer than an hour to go buy a jack, jack stands and get it lifted. Should be able to squeeze it in.

Thought i'd have a light summer work load but the boss agreed to do some charity work to design and electrical distribution system for a hospital in Haiti and guess who gets to do the bulk of the work? Yup, and i'm not even an electrical engineer...but Haiti doesn't exactly have an electrical code so... Hell, they don't even have an address. I needed one to get shipping quotes for the switchgear but the architect said it's down a road in Haiti that has power. WTF. That on top of the 32 story tower I am doing, a new house that was abandoned for 4 years leaves no time to work on the Mark. I'd rather spend my free time riding the bike.
Maybe this winter if it calms down I can work on the car but I will most probably gut my basement and start from scratch down there. Whatever, such a beautiful car.

Wait...Holy crap, you're only in Boston??? I should get on here more often. I'm looking for a 2nd gen LSC, but yours has to be maybe the only 1st gen I may also consider...anyways, please let me know (here or PM or email/text) how flexible your price is, and if you have more photos of the interior. I am living on Nantucket now, and am just back to work for the past month and a half with no vehicle of my own, only pitiful work vans.

izackary@gmail.com/508-280-7424

terry lets go up there, too far away come on!!! come pick me up, and we'll go up to bean town and i'll drive it back for you, but the only condition is we have to go to western mass after we leave boston, at least for a day so i can see everyone!! i'll show you where i come from. ass holechusetts here we come!!

Wait...Holy crap, you're only in Boston??? I should get on here more often. I'm looking for a 2nd gen LSC, but yours has to be maybe the only 1st gen I may also consider...anyways, please let me know (here or PM or email/text) how flexible your price is, and if you have more photos of the interior. I am living on Nantucket now, and am just back to work for the past month and a half with no vehicle of my own, only pitiful work vans.

you suck :p

terry lets go up there, too far away come on!!! come pick me up, and we'll go up to bean town and i'll drive it back for you, but the only condition is we have to go to western mass after we leave boston, at least for a day so i can see everyone!! i'll show you where i come from. ass holechusetts here we come!!

No offense, but Jamie, you can get lost. You've had your turn...I need to get back into a Mark! ;)

Psh. I still blame you. :D

No offense, but Jamie, you can get lost. You've had your turn...I need to get back into a Mark! ;)

Psh. I still blame you. :D

you need to read it again dude i didnt say anything about buying it, i said i would go with terry if he wanted to buy it, i dont want it.

you need to read it again dude i didnt say anything about buying it, i said i would go with terry if he wanted to buy it, i dont want it.

OK, my bad. With all the ones I see you go after, I can hardly tell anymore! :p

Car looks nice. Why are you selling the "B"?

I'd buy it off ya, but I've had a DX and a CAW. I'm over V-rods. But to anyone who might be thinking of buying the scooter? They are a blast. Scooting along in the summertime and waving goodbye to Air Cooled Harleys cooling off on the side of the road is priceless.

The car is actually in Bellingham MA now; garaged. I am thinking of starting the tear down to replace the IAC. Almost have all the parts I need; the time factor will be an issue for a few years; money may have resolved itself enough to support more car funds.
If you choose to buy you can use my garage to get it running.

Car looks nice. Why are you selling the "B"?

I'd buy it off ya, but I've had a DX and a CAW. I'm over V-rods. But to anyone who might be thinking of buying the scooter? They are a blast. Scooting along in the summertime and waving goodbye to Air Cooled Harleys cooling off on the side of the road is priceless.
I was seriously looking to purge the two after my company cut my pay by 25% but I wasn't going to get hosed on them since the economy sux. So x months later I still have them. Just put new 3" forward controls on the V; paid a pretty penny for them but no where near the $1200 for the german ones. No one makes 3" forward controls anymore; not even ness, although they are still in their catalog; but still $750. The bike is dumb pricey to modify.
I'll keep them all unless they go for a fair value.
FWIW the company hasn't given me full pay for over a year and no end in sight.

What's wrong with my car Jamie? Not good enough for ya! You could always fly up here, visit some family, tinker under the hood and be home all in under 48hrs, well maybe 72 if you like your family and actually want to see them.

And No; I do not know how to Multiquote. I only have internet at work and havent really learned all the features. Is there a MultiQuote Tutorial sticky somewhere?

Did I miss something? Is it not running now?
No she purrs; but has an idle problem. I hope you read that. I drove it the other day but after about 45 seconds of idle her RPM's go from about 900 down to 200 (it's not cool) and she will stall. She'll fire right up but you would need to keep the gas peddle depressed a bit to feed the car gas. It's not having a problem getting the gas; filter is new, pump is fine. I believe it to be the IAC. And if the friggin intake didn't have to come off I'd have it done by now. But I don't want to tear it apart and leave it for weeks; lose hardware and not be able to move the car if I need to do work to the garage (walls, ceiling, elec, floor - just a few things).

I AM NOT A mechanic and can't just whip through alot of these fixes. I take my time and clean/replace other parts as I go along. It is a slow process for me.

OK. I read that it was an idle problem, but that could have changed within 4 weeks, know what I mean? (Oh, and multi-quote involves clicking the "+ icons then clicking the "Post Reply" link.)

OK. I read that it was an idle problem, but that could have changed within 4 weeks, know what I mean? (Oh, and multi-quote involves clicking the "+ icons then clicking the "Post Reply" link.)
Cool, this is pretty easy. I just sent an e-mail.
I AM NOT A mechanic and can't just whip through alot of these fixes. I take my time and clean/replace other parts as I go along. It is a slow process for me.

No she purrs; but has an idle problem. I hope you read that. I drove it the other day but after about 45 seconds of idle her RPM's go from about 900 down to 200 (it's not cool) and she will stall. She'll fire right up but you would need to keep the gas peddle depressed a bit to feed the car gas. It's not having a problem getting the gas; filter is new, pump is fine. I believe it to be the IAC. And if the friggin intake didn't have to come off I'd have it done by now. But I don't want to tear it apart and leave it for weeks; lose hardware and not be able to move the car if I need to do work to the garage (walls, ceiling, elec, floor - just a few things).

What's wrong with my car Jamie? Not good enough for ya! You could always fly up here, visit some family, tinker under the hood and be home all in under 48hrs, well maybe 72 if you like your family and actually want to see them.

And No; I do not know how to Multiquote. I only have internet at work and havent really learned all the features. Is there a MultiQuote Tutorial sticky somewhere?

A couple things... First off, did you know that you don't need to remove the intake to replace the IAC? Just remove the 2 bolts at the rear transmission mount and jack the rear of the transmission up a little bit. You will probably need a stubby 8mm ratcheting wrench to get the bolts out of the IAC, but that is how I did mine. Just very tight back there. Also, when I got my car the IAC was bad, you know how the cruise control cable has adjustments in it? Like you can tighten or loosen the cable with a little metal clip. Whoever had my car just tightened that cable up by 1 or 2 teeth to hold the throttle plate barely cracked so the car would idle... give that a try.

Members online

No members online now.
Back