Flowmaster Muffler Quote

Midas78

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got a quote from Meineke to get 2 flowmaster 40's installed for $413 (mufflers only) for $530 they will add the pipes and chrome tips.
I think $400 is a little high. I would install these myself, but I don't have access to a lift or a blowtorch (plus no welding experience, yet.)
Is this a good deal?

Thanks.

Here's mine:
2 x 42443 (flowmaster super 40 muffler) $80.99 each
1 x MAG X-PIPE (magnaflow x-pipe) $89.95
2 x MAG TIPS (magnaflow dual double-rolled tips) $49.95 each
2 x CON PIPES (2.5" piping) $29.95 each
2 x EX-PIPES (2.5" piping) $14.95 each

labour $150.

Quik LS said:
Here's mine:
2 x 42443 (flowmaster super 40 muffler) $80.99 each
1 x MAG X-PIPE (magnaflow x-pipe) $89.95
2 x MAG TIPS (magnaflow dual double-rolled tips) $49.95 each
2 x CON PIPES (2.5" piping) $29.95 each
2 x EX-PIPES (2.5" piping) $14.95 each

labour $150.

Yeah, I thought they were asking for too much. I see the Flowmasters going for $70 a pc on e-bay, but would pay more them if they were installed. I think I'm going to model your exhaust - it looks ideal. I just wish I could get them to install the mufflers for under $300, so I can do this piece by piece.

eL eS said:
buy a floor jack and 4 jack stands. It really is an easy install.

Don't I need a blowtorch? If it was purely bolt on - I would do today.

I'm just looking to upgrade the mufflers only (for now). Midas would do it for $250.

Ah. Yeah that portion would have to be cut. I bet you could find a good getter' done welder to do the chop work for you. I have one right up the street from me that I take stuff to.

$250.00 Id buy a cheap sawzall do it myself and spend the rest on some beverages...

i got a quote from a guy at midas when he removed my resonators. he said hed install 2 flowmaster 40s and tips, and install an x pipe for 80 bucks. u have to know how to talk to these people and bargain with them and theyll usually treat you good, if they know ur not a push over

itsnotmydaddys said:
i got a quote from a guy at midas when he removed my resonators. he said hed install 2 flowmaster 40s and tips, and install an x pipe for 80 bucks. u have to know how to talk to these people and bargain with them and theyll usually treat you good, if they know ur not a push over

mmm, maybe I could do that, the quote I had included the mufflers. It sounds like you bought the parts on your own and they installed it. I didn't think businesses did that. I tried that once and the guy told me its like eating at a restuarant - he said you don't buy groceries and we cook it.
I think its a load of bull, I do like the idea of using a sawsall - but the welding part is holding me back.

I bet you could rent a welding machine, buy some scrap to practice on and still come in cheaper than letting someone else take your money from you.

I would look in the flyers that inundate our mailboxes and I bet you will find a getter done welding shop to chop and burn for you.

Midas78 said:
mmm, maybe I could do that, the quote I had included the mufflers. It sounds like you bought the parts on your own and they installed it. I didn't think businesses did that. I tried that once and the guy told me its like eating at a restuarant - he said you don't buy groceries and we cook it.
I think its a load of bull, I do like the idea of using a sawsall - but the welding part is holding me back.

yeah i was gonna buy the parts off ebay. i forgot bout that :). check ebay on the mufflers. u can get em for 40/piece

make sure you check the shipping costs before you bid. sometimes folks jack up the shipping to pad the profit of the item.

eL eS said:
make sure you check the shipping costs before you bid. sometimes folks jack up the shipping to pad the profit of the item.

isnt that the truth i was about to bid on these 20s and they were like 150 bucks buy it now. then b4 i bid the shipping cost was 1500.00 that god i didnt bid

Members online

Back