flashing message center and eatc lights

chris2523

93 Mark VIII
Reaction score
so when i step on the brake pedal, or use my turn signal, my message center backlight and eatc backlight start flickering.

anyone seen this before?

it stops if i turn my running lights or headlights on.

click for video.

th_2013-02-07103044_zpsfbe81a6d.jpg

nope, didn't seem relevant to an intermittent problem.
i am leaning toward the dimmer wheel. as the flashing changes when i scroll the wheel.

Chris, I haven't seen that exact problem, but I've had to replace several 1st gen dimmer wheels for various dash light issues. I would lean towards that as your problem.

thanks Roger.

the auto headlights don't work either.
i just recently noticed as i don't really use the auto headlights.
i usually leave the wheel scrolled all the way down.

think that's also related?

Only places it could really be is the headlight switch/dimmer, headlight relay sticking, or the multifunction switch. Most likely a multi function swith shorted inside the column tho. Had this problem in my 95 5.0 on low high beam changing. My lights inside would flash when turning on high beams.

I'd say it's most likely related also. I'm sure I have several laying around if you need one. Also are you looking for lsc bumper covers? I think I have 3 or 4 sets now.

yeah, if you've got one that would be great.

lol. got any in opal?

No there all black, except the ones I'm taking off my kid's car, and they're blue. Are you going to be close to K.C. soon? If you are you can stop by and get one. If not, I'll send you one.

you know, i just might be headed to wichita saturday. and i could stop by on the way through kansas city.
i'll let you know.

Members online

Back