:( fixing scratches

whatsupadrian

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
yesterday i was backing up into a driveway but this street didn't have any sidwealks so there was a bush right at the forner of the driveway and its just under my rear view mirror visibility and so i hit it and it left some ugly scratches on my trunk. should i wetsand, buff, repaint???? I want to take care of this in the cheapest way possible. I will take a picture of it.

here are the pics, if you want bigger ones let me know. They don't seem to be too deep. But i have no idea what to do and i don't want to screw it up even more.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

If you can feel them with your fingernail they won't come out very easy. If you can't feel them Meguiars make stuff called Scratch-X that will make them go away just follow the directions on the tube.

if u want it to look good i would recomend a professional painter.
you could try locating a dent/chip paint repair person also, I actually just picked up my 00 LS8 an hour ago from the FLM dealership who has someone stop by on a weekly basis to fix paint chips and dents.

good luck

-scott-

for the deep scratches I use touch up paint, color matched, and a product called langka. For ht e light scratches I use scratchX.

eL eS said:
for the deep scratches I use touch up paint, color matched, and a product called langka. For ht e light scratches I use scratchX.

ok so no one recommends using 1500 grit sandpaper and wetsanding it then recoating it with clear???

BigT said:
If you can feel them with your fingernail they won't come out very easy. If you can't feel them Meguiars make stuff called Scratch-X that will make them go away just follow the directions on the tube.

car wash left some light scratches on each side of my black LS. Can't feel them with my finger nail. do you just use the Scratch-X on the area that is scratched? or is it a polish you use on the entire car?

Scratch X is actually a polish so you would want to do the entire panel with Sratch X and then finish up the rest with regular polish (which gets light scratches out just fine by the way).

Members online

No members online now.
Back