First Wax

04LSSport

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up some Turtle Wax Platinum today and applied the first coat of wax to the car. I used a cordless buffer to apply and buff out and then quick detailed it with a towel. The Silver makes it hard to tell when the wax is ready to be buffed. :p

Here are the results:

Waxed.JPG

Ya, I hate going back and finding spots that I missed. I would like a purple wax for my white car. Then I'd never miss a spot.

Looks pretty shiny. Was the extra dough for the Platinum worth it?

The price was the same as Meguiar's Step #3 wax and more than half of what I payed for Liquid Glass. It was easy to work with and the results are good, so I don't mind the price. I was talking to a Zaino rep today and the price of the "Starter Kit" was a kind of steep. I know a lot of people swear by Zaino but I am not so sure it would do that much better.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....! Im not a Zaino fan myself, i have never used it, but all the things Ive heard about, including the price, keep my interest in it, rather low. Ive wondered about the new TW Platinum stuff, but truthfully i still have bottles of products that have only been used 2-3 times, Blackfire, Platinum, Wolfgang, NXT, S100....Im pretty much a Polymer man.... :facesjump

I purchased a buffer but I've never used one.

I've been told you need to be careful not to over do the buffing.

What are the steps you should used to use a buffer.

Do you buff before waxing?

Will you get swirls in the finish if you use a wax when buffing?

What wax or buffing compound should one use?

mespock said:
I purchased a buffer but I've never used one.

I've been told you need to be careful not to over do the buffing.

What are the steps you should used to use a buffer.

Do you buff before waxing?

Will you get swirls in the finish if you use a wax when buffing?

What wax or buffing compound should one use?
Mespock, what type of buffer ? Is it a PC 7424 Random Orbital, or a Hi speed rotary?
With buffers, polishers as i like to refer to them, your replacing your hands with a machine, your still going to use the products youve been using, but you now have a wider selections of products to use also...Same principles apply, polish, swirl mark removal, cleaning before sealing/waxing. You always need to be careful when using a machine on your surface, but if your using a PC, theres less chances of something going terribly wrong. Its nearly impossible to get swirling unless your using a compound, and remember, compounds are often needed or used to remove swirl marks. You would then simply take a step down in the abrasive ladder, to remove compound induced swirls. The fine art or proper detailing is very systematic....Theres things you do, and things you dont do....!

I finally got off my arse today and clay bar-ed and waxed the Mark-izle. I used Mother's clay bar kit and Eagle's new NANO WAX. I was very VERY pleased with the outcome. It also was my first time waxing the car, and 6 hours later, I can say waxing a Black car IS NOT fun... I'll try and get some pics posted ASAP. This is the cleanest I have ever seen my car b4. Paint looks so fresh, and it's 9 years old ! Sorry me soo happy, I even got soo into the waxing... I missed the Lombard meet for LVC!! SH!T !

OOPS... sorry Joey, but it was raining and that wax smelled and looked soo good. I couldn't resist... :frown:

NANO WAX RULES!

StraDog said:
I finally got off my arse today and clay bar-ed and waxed the Mark-izle. I used Mother's clay bar kit and Eagle's new NANO WAX. I was very VERY pleased with the outcome. It also was my first time waxing the car, and 6 hours later, I can say waxing a Black car IS NOT fun... I'll try and get some pics posted ASAP. This is the cleanest I have ever seen my car b4. Paint looks so fresh, and it's 9 years old ! Sorry me soo happy, I even got soo into the waxing... I missed the Lombard meet for LVC!! SH!T !

OOPS... sorry Joey, but it was raining and that wax smelled and looked soo good. I couldn't resist... :frown:

NANO WAX RULES!

Stra, just remember to qucik detail weekly, youll prolong the durability of the wax you used.....and keep the car looking fresh !

StraDog said:
I missed the Lombard meet for LVC!! SH!T !

OOPS... sorry Joey, but it was raining and that wax smelled and looked soo good. I couldn't resist...

THats ok - but the LVC Mafia is looking for you

exceldetail said:
Stra, just remember to qucik detail weekly, youll prolong the durability of the wax you used.....and keep the car looking fresh !

How do you define "quick detail"

Excel, thanks for the advise, I use Mequires quick detalier all the time and I love how it works... I usually use it after the wash because it removes those water spots and wipe marks. Awesome product.

LVC Mafia ? :sleep:

Let's take it to the Track... *owned*

:invasion:

StraDog said:
Excel, thanks for the advise, I use Mequires quick detalier all the time and I love how it works... I usually use it after the wash because it removes those water spots and wipe marks. Awesome product.

LVC Mafia ? :sleep:

Let's take it to the Track... *owned*

:invasion:

Good job...Whatever you use, use it well......

Members online

Back