first issues, etc fail safe

fastmark1993

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so I know I am frowned upon in this community but if someone is willing to point me in the right direction thatd be great.

04 lincoln ls v8 45k miles

car keeps going into failsafe mode, coils were replaced under warranty maybe 3-4 weeks ago, i changed the sparkplugs the day after the coils were done. I get 2 faulty codes for throttle body, dealer wants 1200+ car doesnt misfire or anything just when load is applied after starting the vehicle it goes into fail safe. any ideas?

abs/advance trac lights came on and it says service advance trac on the dash. I cleaned my abs sensors and still no luck, all my brakes are good just did them. im assuming its a faulty wheel speed sensor or (hopefully not) abs module

......just when load is applied after starting the vehicle it goes into fail safe. any ideas?

When that happened to me it was the #4 coil failing. No misfires, no hesitation, just when I mashed the loud pedal the car went immediately into ETC Failsafe mode.

Swap the #4 and #1 coils and see if that reduces it. Verify the gaps on all spark plugs.
What were the two codes for the ETC?
You'll need to get the ABS codes pulled to have any clue where to look for that problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back