First coil @ 41k

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Dropped my car off this morning at the dealership for a misfire that has been going on for some time. They found one bad coil. It started at 41k, now has 47k on it. No CEL or codes were thrown. In fact when it stared and I suspected it was a coil I asked my local mechanic to see if there were any codes with no result. Just shows how much can get by without any warning.
The symptoms were a miss at idle, more frequent as time/miles went on and a stumble going up hills(I was thinking the solenoids) and accelerating into traffic, like highway onramps. Now that I know what to look for, next time I'll get it in sooner.

Edit: The service report listed two coils replaced, # 7&8. No codes were found. They were familiar with the problem and very through as the mechanic listed on the report no evidence of oil or water leaking.

sounds like you had 6K worth of warning... true hard to get codes thrown with one bad coil, but thats a long time to go when you know theres a problem... glad its getting fixed. should drive awesome after going that long on a bad one. hope no other damage was done during that time....

make sure they change plugs too.

I had at least 2 coils go at 47k. No codes just a bucking bronco feel and loss of power. I really let it go too long. Luckily no other damage, don't wait. Go ahead and replace them all and be able to drive without getting paranoid. I replaced all and my '06 has purred like a kitten since, now I have just turned 53k miles.

Members online

No members online now.
Back