Finally installed the Jaguar Tucanas! Pics

scjmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally needed tires bad enough to get the set for my Tucanas. Thanks to mlara1129 for his Jaguar wheels fitment thread, and C-list finds thread...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?80146-Jaguar-Wheels-Fitment-Database

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?73896-Mlara1129-s-C-List-Finds

...and thanks LS4me for some help with a couple of questions that I had.

They are installed with Pirelli EcoImpact 235/45/18, stock lugs, and stock center caps. The tires are within 1/10 of an inch in diameter of the stock setup. The overall weight is also very close.

This was a quick photo shoot that I took on my way to an appointment, so the car is dirty and the camera could be better etc.

Lincoln1_zps8683bf96.jpg

Lincoln2_zpsd848f77f.jpg

Lincoln3_zpsc6dcddf1.jpg

Lincoln4_zps391cfd88.jpg

I finally needed tires bad enough to get the set for my Tucanas. Thanks to mlara1129 for his Jaguar wheels fitment thread, and C-list finds thread...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?80146-Jaguar-Wheels-Fitment-Database

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?73896-Mlara1129-s-C-List-Finds

...and thanks LS4me for some help with a couple of questions that I had.

They are installed with Pirelli EcoImpact 235/45/18, stock lugs, and stock center caps. The tires are within 1/10 of an inch in diameter of the stock setup. The overall weight is also very close.

This was a quick photo shoot that I took on my way to an appointment, so the car is dirty and the camera could be better etc.

Lincoln1_zps8683bf96.jpg

Lincoln2_zpsd848f77f.jpg

Lincoln3_zpsc6dcddf1.jpg

Lincoln4_zps391cfd88.jpg

Gotta be one of the top 5 best wheels for the LS (and I don't mean #5!)!! Dump those green nitrogen caps, though. I put on chrome sleeves and caps. That finishes off the wheels nicely!!

Yeah, the green caps have got to go. That's what the shop put on because I had them leave the stems on the old wheels. Your car looks better with the drop IMHO I didn't want to change my ride height though. Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, the green caps have got to go. That's what the shop put on because I had them leave the stems on the old wheels. Your car looks better with the drop IMHO I didn't want to change my ride height though. Thanks for the comment!

As I drive my 84 year old mother in law around pretty regularly these days (at least a couple times a month) I reinstalled the stock springs. Lowered made it too hard for her to get in and out. I was also tired of scrapping the bottom of the front bumper all the time. I also like how the wheel looks bigger because the spoke extends to the edge of the wheel.

Very nice my friend, glad they worked out for you!

And I agree with LS4me definitely top 5 wheels for the LS IMO

As I drive my 84 year old mother in law around pretty regularly these days (at least a couple times a month) I reinstalled the stock springs. Lowered made it too hard for her to get in and out. I was also tired of scrapping the bottom of the front bumper all the time. I also like how the wheel looks bigger because the spoke extends to the edge of the wheel.

To each their own of course, and everyone can do what they want with their cars, but I really never understood why anyone would want to lower an LS to begin with. Mine is stock and I have to be careful over curbs. It's low enough stock that my 5 foot 3 inch tall wife has to sit down into the car, and I have to kind of fall into the car to avoid twinging my knee. If my car were any lower I'd feel like I was sitting on the ground. This is one of the reasons I prefer my truck to my car, as I can just slide into the truck. No knee pain at all.

To each their own of course, and everyone can do what they want with their cars, but I really never understood why anyone would want to lower an LS to begin with. Mine is stock and I have to be careful over curbs. It's low enough stock that my 5 foot 3 inch tall wife has to sit down into the car, and I have to kind of fall into the car to avoid twinging my knee. If my car were any lower I'd feel like I was sitting on the ground. This is one of the reasons I prefer my truck to my car, as I can just slide into the truck. No knee pain at all.

It does handle better and the chief suspension engineer for the LS said optimally the car should be 3/4" lower. Jim Rogers (then VeeP of Marketing) had his LS lowered about an inch and after Jonathon drove it at an autocross course Lincoln set up for us he rolled down the window and yelled at Jim, "What did you do to my car???" Lowering more than that 3/4" makes the LS tail-happy.

It does look better lowered!!!!!

Members online

Back