Feeler: 97 LSC

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Debating on selling the car. Changed jobs, and now looking at possibly getting a new 5.0 GT. So I don't know if I want to keep both, or not. I will leave it open to best offer to see where it stands. I know I'm forgetting some mods, but here is the main list...

Mods:
Hid conversion (10k)
SCT tune w/Xcal 2
4.10 gears, trac lok
One piece driveshaft
J-mod/trans flush
Nav deck (20g hard drive,dvd,etc)
Accel coils
NGK plugs (changed again in last 500 miles)

(have about 2500 miles on following, all new parts)
Cobra brakes
Hub swapped
Deep Dish Bullitts: 18x9 front (265/35/18), 18x10 rear (285/35/18)

Parts not installed:
Saturn 5 braces
Front end rebuild

Car could use a repaint, roof has some clear coat issues. Broken cup holder (use it for my sun glasses), driver seat frame broken (supposed to be getting replacement soon), driver seat has some wear on bolster. Passenger seat in good shape, back seats look nearly new.
IMAG0143.gif

Raised the car to stock height. One of my accounts was damn near impossible to enter/exit without scrapping. Quickly got old creeping it up/down 5x/week there.
IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0191.gif

IMG_0629.jpg

IMAG0148.gif

IMAG0149.gif

Not entirely sure. Was thinking around $5500. Spent about $3000 the last three months on hub swap,brakes, wheels,tires,etc.

Oh, and both halfshafts are new factory units.

I have a few more mods, less issues and better paint and would not expect more than $3500 even with new front suspension. That is one of the reasons I am not selling in this market.

Laser's might be 5500. Yours... not so much.
Those are the douche comments I have come to appreciate from this place. :rolleyes:

Lasers is definitely nice, but still on stock brakes,etc. Think his basically has a system, Asham, and suspension. May be wrong, don't come around here much anymore.
Not comparing the two, seeing as they are different.

Marked8- If $3500 was all that was possible to get, I would throw it on stands and strip it to a shell before that. Cheapest one for sale out here on CL is $4000.

Like I said, this is a feeler. Don't know if I want to sell it or not. Only have one off street parking space at the new place. Although it is in a nice area, don't like leaving vehicles parked on the street. So if I buy the new one, it will take priority.

Suspension and braces will be done this weekend.

Is this a "feeler" thread, or a fishing for compliments thread? Without the brakes, gears, braces and wheels, and needing paint, everybody here would be saying it's a $2000 car.

Realistically, as is the case with many modified cars, you would definitely get more out of it by stripping it down.

:lol: what a slap to the face

That wasn't really meant as a slap to the face, more of a reality check, because that midnight grey is a very nice car..

Man I am happy it has tan interior or I would be selling mine asap to buy yours

Not a fishing for compliments thread. Don't really care if anyone else likes how I have built the car. If I did, I would regularly post whore like others. I've sold multiple modified cars over the years, I never expect to get my money back on them. It's a given in this hobby.

Buckeye68- I was "meh" about the tan interior at first. It has really grown on me over the years. Not to mention I have had black leather before. This is slightly less likely to give you second degree burns during summer. :lol:

98lincmk7lsc- Appreciate the compliment.

lol ya it was over 100 on the tour and mine got me a few times :)

I have seen it in person, The pictures do it no justice. Its a great looking mark,
And yeah the price of used cars in colorado are higher than any where out of state I have been.

If you can get that kind of money, more power to you. There was a 52,000 mile one very close to me that took 6 months to sell, starting price was $4995 and it looked new. I have no idea what they finally settled for.

that's why it's a feeler thread and not a for sale thread. i get the feeling he has time

Exactly. I'm not in financial duress, or MUST sell for any reason. If someone makes an offer I feel is fair, I'll accept.

With the ways things are falling into place I will be taking a serious look at a 2011 5.0 GT. Dealer I drive by a couple times a week in Denver, has the EXACT car I have built a couple times on their site. On top of that, turns out I have a friend connection with the sales manager.

My dilemma is, I don't want either parked on the street. I will only have one off street spot at the new place. I'll be in a house with minimum 2 car garage next year, so that's why I'm 50/50 on selling.

Colorado has a pretty bad premium on trucks, performance cars, and econo cars. Which is why I will likely take a field trip to Az, or Tx to buy my diesel truck. Same truck with less miles, for thousands less out there.

If it had good paint, working c/h's and non broken seat frame it could prob sell for 5-5500k assuming the miles were decent for the year. With bad paint there's no way in hell you'd get 5500 for it.

As-is it MIGHT be worth 4500 (depending on miles) to someone that can paint it themselves.. To the average joe prob 3750-4ish if you can find a buyer that doesnt care about paint and just wants to beat it...

Colorado has a pretty bad premium on trucks, performance cars, and econo cars. Which is why I will likely take a field trip to Az, or Tx to buy my diesel truck. Same truck with less miles, for thousands less out there.

A. Keep it.

B. You mentioned AZ and TX... you probably don't wanna come here between the two, NM's "premium" is even worse than CO.

$4000obo all day, paint is expensive. Feeler or not, let's be realistic there are several pros, but just as many cons. I mean if it's a feeler, and most who comment say 3500-4k, your thread did it's job. I like it, but it's no beauty queen. People let sentiment get in the way. My car has high miles and a few dings and issues, I love it, but it's a $3000 car in most cases, but I know it's worth even less where I live than in most markets, about $500 less.

Members online

No members online now.
Back