Fall journey is over.

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
It started in September when the inspection was due doing the preinspection once over. I found my rear brake pads were expired and looking further the driver side rear rotor chewed up. New pads all around and rotors for the rear! I started into the rear pads and found the driver side caliper was stuck, hence the toasted rotor....oh my parts are a problem!
The rear end was sitting high exposing the sway bar links and toe link with all their ruptured dust boots.... new parts all around! I'm in this far so I get new Motorcraft sport shocks since I was sick and tired of the Monroe ride.
Lets not let the front end go, the test ride felt so good with the rear done up I got new sway bar links for it, BTW I do recommend Moog parts here.
Off to my mechanic for the inspection and a brake bleed and serpentine belt that decided to shred itself after 20k miles.
I got it back and felt the wheels were looking rather tatty as the clear coat had started to peel on one. Off to the re-finisher for a nice dress up, buff and shine. Since I was having it done anyway I thought a personal touch was needed. Something I never saw the "pimp my ride' guys do or anyone else here so I had the seven spokes done in a custom color and of course new shoes to finish the wheels off! Four new Continental DWS 235-55-17's top it off.
I have to say this is the way it should have come from the factory 9 years ago. The ride is soooooo smooth, glides over the road. The handling is tight and turn in is crisp. The absence of road noise from the tires is a pleasant surprise too I had Michelin MXV4 Primacy on last which were better than the original MXM4 but nothing as nice as these Conti's.
One thing left for next week because I want to enjoy my car a bit is to get the alignment checked with the new tires. Hmmmm might keep this car a bit longer now. IMG_20131028_175444_275.jpgIMG_20131026_113035_708.jpgIMG_20131026_113105_769.jpg
Here are a few pics of the wheels and car. Sorry it does need a bath especially with the new wheels.

IMG_20131026_113105_769.jpg

IMG_20131026_113035_708.jpg

IMG_20131028_175444_275.jpg

Interesting. Those wheels should look nice against that white pearl paint.

Thanks...in fact they do. I have a parchment interior and decided on something a little darker and of course it had to have some pizzaz. Almond mocha sparkle was my choice.

aren't the tires a little big it thought the factory size is 234/50/17. does it rub with the bigger sidewall.

aren't the tires a little big
Nope fit just fine. Added bonus is my speedometer is now closer to true. These are the same size as found on a CTS. My buddy got new wheels and tires on his a few years ago and gave me the Michelins that were on it. I decided to stick with them.
[/QUOTE]it thought the factory size is 234/50/17. [/QUOTE]It is
[/QUOTE]does it rub with the bigger sidewall.[/QUOTE] Again nope no problem

Members online

No members online now.
Back