Failed DCCV but unable to access DACT codes.

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My hvac started blowing hot air after warming a bit, earlier this week. I suspected the DCCV went out on me. I had a chance to track it down this morning and started checking fuses, all good. Ran the DACT through the settings by pressing the appropriate button and verifying the correct actions took place. I'm satisfied it is working properly. I have little doubt the DCCV failed.
I did some searching and went back to this thread where Joe listed the procedure to self check and read the codes for the DACT.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?65203-DCCV-question
Problem is when I press "OFF and DEFROST simultaneously" followed by AUTO or RECIRC nothing happens. No self test, no codes, what gives?

The timing of hitting the buttons can be a little tricky.

Ok, I'm at a loss now and scratching my head. I put in a new DCCV Thursday and I'm still getting blown out by too much hot air out the ducts. This is on defrost, head/windscreen and auto settings. Any other things to look at?

The DCCV/compressor fuse (sometimes blown by the old, bad DCCV), connectors and wiring between the DCCV and the DATC, and the DATC.

The DCCV/compressor fuse (sometimes blown by the old, bad DCCV), connectors and wiring between the DCCV and the DATC, and the DATC.

You are right again Joe.
I thought about the fuse after I posted and went to check it. Wide open..... after a trip to the auto parts store and a few errands run, I'm back in business.

If I remember correctly, the procedure for down loading the codes for my 2004 was not noted correctly in the shop manual.

Members online

Back