Factory sub ?

Black05LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello new here been reading on here fro a bit though. I just got a 05 LS. My problem is that my factory subs (if thats what you call them) cut in and out on me. If you have the volume up too loud or the bass up too loud they will stop working then sometimes they will kick back in. As far as i can tell all my other speakers still work fine. Im guessing this car has a factory amp? and if it does im guessing thats where my problem is. My question is has anyone else ever had this problem and what is the best fix for it? At this time i do not want to rewire the whole audio system to put a complete aftermarket system in. And im not sure if i can just put an aftermarket amp in place of the factory one. Thanks.

The first thing I would check would be to see if they are both plugged in securely. Get in the trunk and drop the big piece of trim that covers up the bottom of the speakers. That should get you access to see if you are dealing with loose wiring.

I don't know if you can run an aftermarket amp with the stock sub speakers.

Thanks, ill have to do that. I haven't had time to mess around with it yet. Just thought i would get on here so i know where to look first.

The factory subs in the package tray (under the back glass) have a factory amp; it's mounted under the package tray, in the trunk. I've not messed with mine, so I don't know if it's easier to access from the trunk or from the back seat.

Lay on your back in the drunk after taking the top carPet off. The wires from amp to speakers goes into a plug @ the speakers, make sure this is snug.

Also pull the grills off the speakers on the rear deck and check for surrohnd deterioration. They just be on their way out.

Anyone know how many watts each of those sub speakers pushing? Just curious.

Members online

No members online now.
Back