F*ck you walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, your diatribe about your former employer, at least, explains the reason for your hostility.
KS

my proof is what I have posted as well as others.

As I said, you haven't made an argument yet. Citing other arguments is not making an argument yourself. In fact, this "retort" to my claim isn't even an argument; it is a red herring. Nothing more. Care to try again?

I've yet to see you or anyone whom is PRO-walmart to identify any articles that negate the subject of discussion.

As I said, all you have done is disparaged those that disagree with you.

Maybe if you offered a coherent argument to counter, you might get the response you are looking for.

Instead, all you have done is further prove my point. Thanks. :D

bullsh1t on the unions, they don't have unions or else they'd have better pay and have good medical.
You have no idea what you're talking about, what you are reading, but hitting that "submit reply" button is like crack to you.

Wal-Mart has avoided unionization and for that I applaud them. Unions are toxic.

As stated before that MANY of them are going through government help to get their medical.
And many of them are only working part time. Many of them are in school.
Many still live with their parents.

As far as politics the Balmart
Still have balls on your mind, Pete?

industry is paying politicians to STAY ON THEIR SIDE, same reason any company would bribe a politician
You say this, but do you have anything to support the claim, or make sense of it.

WalMart has increased it's political donations SINCE this orchestrated attack by unions and government.

find one who could defend you in cases relating to equal rights, defamation, class action lawsuits especially related to women being mistreated, or how about the spying on workers to make sure they fire those who discuss unions?
Yeah, we've heard... and when we respond to these attacks, you simply repeat them again or post homoerotic pictures.

Pete, everyone here is happy to have real conversations and discussions with you, but it's not one sided. Just because you've watched one political propaganda movie or read a political website, that doesn't make you an expert. In fact, considering your sources, you probably have been dumbed down.

in this economy many employers have become douchy.
So you think you're entitled to medical benefits for working a part time job? Do you think that medical benefits are a right? That they are an obligation?

And what's stopping you from just buying catastrophic coverage of your own? You say you're a young, healthy guy, a catastrophic policy would be affordable.

They'll fire you for no good reason then lie to the Unemployment office just so you don't get benefits and they don't have to pay out.
And your experience in the massage industry relates to WalMart how?

But this movie replects prior to the fall of our economy/capital
....as I said, hitting that submit reply button is like crack to you.
WTF are you talking about.

"This movie replects prior to the fall of our economy/capital?":confused:

You have no idea what you're talking about, what you are reading, but hitting that "submit reply" button is like crack to you.

Wal-Mart has avoided unionization and for that I applaud them. Unions are toxic.

And many of them are only working part time. Many of them are in school.
Many still live with their parents.

Still have balls on your mind, Pete?

You say this, but do you have anything to support the claim, or make sense of it.

WalMart has increased it's political donations SINCE this orchestrated attack by unions and government.

Yeah, we've heard... and when we respond to these attacks, you simply repeat them again or post homoerotic pictures.

Pete, everyone here is happy to have real conversations and discussions with you, but it's not one sided. Just because you've watched one political propaganda movie or read a political website, that doesn't make you an expert. In fact, considering your sources, you probably have been dumbed down.

actually around 80% are working fulltime as stated by the CEO on one news interview

I guess Pete's point is he doesn't care for walmart.
That is his choice.
I don't care for walmart's business tactics but, I shop there because I save money.
I don't care who or who doesn't work there, or what they are being paid, the benefits the do, or do not get.
WhatI care about is (for one example) my local food market charges $10.99 for a two pound container of Folger's clasic roast coffee.
Walmart charges $6.48, and has been as low as $5.99 for the samr product.
Safeway gets $12.99 for the same coffee.
That is just one example of why I shop at walmart.
Bob.

Pete will argue that WalMart is putting that tiny, locally owned Safeway out of business.

after wasting 25 minutes of my life reading this pointless thread I have come to the conclusion that I will continue to use the 2 conveniently close super walmarts for my needs. all you people talk so much sh!t but yet, what are you really going to do about it?

"A J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. report in January said the company is planning to "right size" its full-time versus part-time mix to improve productivity and reduce store labor costs. According to the report, about 80 percent of employees are full time. The company is seeking to lower that rate to about 60 percent during the next 12 to 18 months, the report said."

^^^^Once again Calabrio, you fail to hold up any analysis of your own of any document, article, report, or even a documentary to give support for the actions of Walmart

after wasting 25 minutes of my life reading this pointless thread I have come to the conclusion that I will continue to use the 2 conveniently close super walmarts for my needs. all you people talk so much sh!t but yet, what are you really going to do about it?

how about stop being a f@ggot and move along ya cheap lil prick

+1

Join the service or something if you really want to help out America instead of b!tching and moaning.

^^^^Once again Calabrio, you fail to hold up any analysis of your own of any document, article, report, or even a documentary to give support for the actions of Walmart

Regarding you're "analysis and documentation."
First, you didn't provide a link, so when I asked for verification, I still have to go look it up myself.

My best guess is you found this information on the "WakeupWalmart.com webpage. I'm sure that is a website that has earned a reputation for objective analysis and honest reporting of news.

The original article is nearly 4 years old, from May, 2006.
That means your using dynamic data that is four years old.
And that would mean it is likely wrong.

Reading and quoting something is not the same as understanding it. And reading a bullet point is not the same as reading the documents or reports closer to the source.

Because, in US News and World reports in October, 2006, it was written that:
The New York Times reports that the giant retailer has set a goal of a 40 percent part-time workforce; the company denied having a target but said that its share of part-timers had increased substantially in just a year from 20 percent to 25 or 30 percent

This would be consistent with the SECOND HALF of your 4 year old quote- but I don't think you read that far into the sentence.

+1
To hell in a hand basket.
Just when he has a half decent thread he trashes it.
:thread:

Shag does not feel Pete's pain or acknowledge it as part of Pete's argument, prefering to coldly answer in a detached emotionless fashion similar to Michael Dukakis when asked the hypothetical what if his wife was raped and killed question during the debate.

His "pain," as you overstate it, has nothing to do with a rational argument.
And, frankly, I don't think his "pain" is particularly significant or worthy of note. The economy is bad, the situation is bad, it's not getting better.
The real unemployment rate is about 20%. And if you're in construction, it's closer to 30%.

That's not Walmarts fault. Nor does it make Pete special. He's in his early 20s, he does massage. He has plenty of time to recover from any problems and he hasn't committed decades of time and education to the craft.

And, frankly, I don't think his "pain" is particularly significant or worthy of note. The economy is bad, the situation is bad, it's not getting better.
The real unemployment rate is about 20%. And if you're in construction, it's closer to 30%.

That's not Walmarts fault. Nor does it make Pete special. He's in his early 20s, he does massage. He has plenty of time to recover from any problems and he hasn't committed decades of time and education to the craft.

Pete feels he's been abused and Walmart makes an easy target for it's cold bloodlessness in running it's business.

So the answer is to aquire a skill that pays better than Walmart or his Massage job and won't be eliminated.

Regarding you're "analysis and documentation."
First, you didn't provide a link, so when I asked for verification, I still have to go look it up myself.

My best guess is you found this information on the "WakeupWalmart.com webpage. I'm sure that is a website that has earned a reputation for objective analysis and honest reporting of news.

The original article is nearly 4 years old, from May, 2006.
That means your using dynamic data that is four years old.
And that would mean it is likely wrong.

Reading and quoting something is not the same as understanding it. And reading a bullet point is not the same as reading the documents or reports closer to the source.

Because, in US News and World reports in October, 2006, it was written that:
The New York Times reports that the giant retailer has set a goal of a 40 percent part-time workforce; the company denied having a target but said that its share of part-timers had increased substantially in just a year from 20 percent to 25 or 30 percent

This would be consistent with the SECOND HALF of your 4 year old quote- but I don't think you read that far into the sentence.

washington post actually. You wanted a link, why not wait 'til I wake of from sleep dumbass

patience.jpg

Never correlated the entire 20% unemployment to Walmart. I'm saying business' such as Walmart and many others like it put honest retailers out of business due to poor practices in business

washington post actually. You wanted a link, why not wait 'til I wake of from sleep dumbass

Did you sleep late cause you didn't want to wake up the guy next to you?

If you post a "source," you don't just quote something, you include the source- and if possible, the link.

You still haven't.

Nor have you explained the relevance.
Nor have you responded to what I wrote.

Pete feels he's been abused and Walmart makes an easy target for it's cold bloodlessness in running it's business.

So the answer is to aquire a skill that pays better than Walmart or his Massage job and won't be eliminated.

???? When have I been abused?

Eas enough skills go farther than education that has been redeemed by highschool/college that was used for a specific jobfield in which you'd have to go back to school just as long to change your career (if you can even get one in the first place)

Did you sleep late cause you didn't want to wake up the guy next to you?

If you post a "source," you don't just quote something, you include the source- and if possible, the link.

You still haven't.

Nor have you explained the relevance.
Nor have you responded to what I wrote.

went to sleep 1am, woke up 8am. I say that's relative enough sleep dumbass

???? When have I been abused?

Eas enough skills go farther than education that has been redeemed by highschool/college that was used for a specific jobfield in which you'd have to go back to school just as long to change your career (if you can even get one in the first place)

Perhaps I misspoke slightly.
You mentioned your hours being cut and healthcare insurance for part time workers and that's the "abuse" I was refering to.

I can't make much sense of your other statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back