Extra set of lights - What to do?

What should I do with my extra set of headlights?

• Refinish Lenses - Sell

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Refinish Lenses, Install Angel Eyes & Smoked Reflectors - Sell

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Save for retrofit

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Christmas in July and I'm Santa

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmtiseo

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
Just this past Friday I finally found the driver's side OEM HID headlight I've been looking for to complete an extra set. Only reason I'm getting these is so I can take my dear old time with my angel eye/smoked corner install and lens restore.

What should I do with the extra set?

• Sell them?
  • Install angel eyes and sell them?
  • Save them for an intense retrofit?
  • Give them away?
There's always the one you have to rule out right out of the gate. With that said I don't see myself giving them away, sorry kids I'm not Santa. I don't think I would want to save up for a retrofit. So, would it be worth putting angel eyes and smoked lenses, in these or should keep the factory seal on them? Just putting out a feeler to see what you guys would do/think in this situation?

Thanks!

You should totally give them away. Nah, I'd install angel eyes and sell em or keep em for the retrofit.

I think we talked about me buying them if you ever got both of the lights. I'd be interested if the price is right

Unless you plan on wrecking your car intentionally so you can use them(kidding), sell them. That is a lot of cash just sitting around.

Chubbs, sent you a pm.

Marcredd, I was thinking the same thing. The lights alone are expensive and putting another 3-400 into them for the retrofit that isn't a guarunteed look that I want is leading me to just want to sell them. As cool as it would be, the function anyway, the look might not be there when it's all said and done.

If they aren't already, clean them up and get fair value out of them. Manoli was a cool seller and cleaned the ones I bought from him ahead of time. It made it nice to see how nice they looked when I first pulled them out of the box.

I'll probably clean them up. That way the buyer gets the same feeling you did pulling them out of the box.

I remember getting the first one and thought "yep it's :q:q:q:qed" when I pulled it out of the box. It was that bad. This same one I'm redoing because I took too much time to rinse off my car and it looks like the soap etched the clear coat on the lens in some places.

Who knows when it's all said and done I might take it to a place and ask them to spray 'em with some clear coat as opposed to the spar urethane. Forgot to mention I'm throwing chrome bulbs in as well. Don't have to open them up for that minute sized mod.

They should sell without a lot of haggling. Especially for any gen 1 owner wanting to do the conversion.

Couldn't find this option so...

Fap into them signal socket and sell them.

Are the extra pair halogen or HIDs?

All HID. I needed a set to run as I was doing my angel eyes and just wanted to plug 'n play and not worry about the different harness with the halogen.

Waiting for my second one to come in then probably by mid July have everything cleaned and buttoned up.

You just file a tiny piece of plastic so they are basically both plug and play.

If you're looking to sell, I'd be interested for my projector retro, if whoever you previous told could have them does not want them. I honor the "I got dibs" code :D

You're next in line after Chubbs, if the price isn't too steep. Pm'd you.

Oh chit! An extra set of HIDs? That is sweet! This crowd will pay a pretty penny for them (myself included). I would not buy another LS without them as they are hard to find... What is your asking price for the extra set (after you are done of course).

Members online

No members online now.
Back