Exterior Freshening

gedwardj

LVC Member
Reaction score
Since there isn't much by way of power adders for my 02 V8, what's out there by way of visual tuning?

I'm buying a McLaren grille in short order, I'm looking for a decent body kit (something subtle) and wheels. If I can find clear lenses for my bumpers that would be good, replacements for my tail lights would rock as well.

Any suggestions?

gedwardj said:
Since there isn't much by way of power adders for my 02 V8, what's out there by way of visual tuning?

I'm buying a McLaren grille in short order, I'm looking for a decent body kit (something subtle) and wheels. If I can find clear lenses for my bumpers that would be good, replacements for my tail lights would rock as well.

Any suggestions?

go to www.lincolndde.com and you could get some great deals on a lot of stuff.

He has the mclaren grille, the new 2004 LSE grille. He has the 2002 LSE spoiler and the 2004 LSE spoiler. LSE bodykit, rims, exhaust etc. Two tone 2002 taillights whihc were on the production version in Japapn (same as the Mclaren taillights). And a whole bunch of other stuff! Check it out and Jeremy (Eleanor on this site) is a great guy to deal with. You could also get some gauges on ebay (white face indigo color).

gedwardj said:

Any suggestions?

I can get the McLaren grilles painted to match your car for $140 plus shipping. Click on my Pics link at the bottom for more info.

GrayGhost1 said:
I can get the McLaren grilles painted to match your car for $140 plus shipping. Click on my Pics link at the bottom for more info.

Ken, you're at the top of my list of McLaren grille suppliers, especially if you can do pearl white surround with gloss black mesh :)

the problem with body kits is that I can seem to really only find the LSE kit. Now, I LIKE the LSE kit, but I wouldn't mind something slightly different.

Also, what about lowering springs, anyone tried any?

gedwardj said:
Ken, you're at the top of my list of McLaren grille suppliers, especially if you can do pearl white surround with gloss black mesh :)

the problem with body kits is that I can seem to really only find the LSE kit. Now, I LIKE the LSE kit, but I wouldn't mind something slightly different.

The painter can paint the surround of the grille and leave the center portion black. He's done several like that for me and they look great. Let me know if you want one. I've got two other orders waiting to go to the painter.

I got the LSE body kit from Jeremy. I like the Wings West kit a little better but the deal I got on the LSE kit swayed my decision a tad. There's a guy on eBay selling the Lincoln LS Wings West kit painted for $999 and that's a damn good deal really.

There is a guy on LLSOC that was able to find a supplier for the clear lens bumper piece. He's in the process of getting them made and are suppose to be a direct replacement for the amber lens. However, it's not the entire assembly. It's only the lens so you'd have to dismantle your old lenses and then epoxy the clear ones on. Also, I think he's only getting them for the sport bumper. There are two different side marker assemblies: non-sport and sport.

GrayGhost1 said:
There is a guy on LLSOC that was able to find a supplier for the clear lens bumper piece. He's in the process of getting them made and are suppose to be a direct replacement for the amber lens. However, it's not the entire assembly. It's only the lens so you'd have to dismantle your old lenses and then epoxy the clear ones on. Also, I think he's only getting them for the sport bumper. There are two different side marker assemblies: non-sport and sport.

Cools. I have the sport, I think with my pearl white car it'll give it a look closer to the 2003's, something a little different, but subtley so.

My Car

gedwardj said:

I would LOVE to see a pic of the pearl white surround w/gloss black mesh on an LS. I have a 03 LS tri-coat white and really don't like the factory grill wanted all chrome but liked the mesh.... If you have any pic's of any color surround w/mesh I would love to see it. Thanks.

John_P007 said:
I would LOVE to see a pic of the pearl white surround w/gloss black mesh on an LS. I have a 03 LS tri-coat white and really don't like the factory grill wanted all chrome but liked the mesh.... If you have any pic's of any color surround w/mesh I would love to see it. Thanks.

I haven't had any orders for the tri-coat paint. It's a very difficult paint to match up without having the car at the body shop. Normally, the paint codes are in several different variances so to match the tri-coat right I'd have to have it at the shop. However, if someone wanted to buy one I'd be happy to try it out and see how close the tri-coat is. The painter painted my LSE Body kit this week and the variance he used was a dead match for my 2001 LS. He's a helluva painter without question.

Members online

Back