Exhaust Question

RUMBLE BEE 1546

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im looking at putting some rumble on my mark 8. I'm trying to figure this exhaust system out as its a bit confusing. I'm thinking just some magnaflow exhaust is what I want.

Is there one muffler or 2? And what is the piping diameters? Is magnaflow a good choice?

It's actually my moms car that I am using so she does have to drive it once in a while and I'm not familiar with putting exhaust in cars. I'm a truck guy.

Thanks!

it has 2 mufflers but its a 2 into one then back into a y pipe to the mufflers your best bet is to take it to a custom exhaust place and spend the miney to have it done.

it has 2 mufflers but its a 2 into one then back into a y pipe to the mufflers your best bet is to take it to a custom exhaust place and spend the miney to have it done.

I do plan on taking it to my muffler shop, he's given me great deals on a few exhaust setups for my bee.

Is there a resonator on these cars? If so, do i need an x pipe to replace it or will some pipe fit in its place? I just don't want to put a whole lot of money into it because its my moms car and my dad might get her a new camaro middle of next year.

I would definitely install a balance pipe either x or h pipe. H will be cheaper, and give more rumble. X is a little more pricey and is a higher pitch. I've had both.

Hi all - I dont mean to hi-jack but I have an exhaust question - I have a 90 MarkVII with a 5.0 HO that has Flowmaster mufflers on it. Although I like the mufflers on my truck on this car it has a horrible drone and the sound isnt as crisp as I think it should/could be. I would like it to have some rumble at idle (not sound like it needs a muffler) and when I get on it I would like to have a performance sound to it. The exhaust has been changed recently from the previous owner. I would also like to help the performance of the car over all seems I should get more bang out of a 5.0 but I'll search around more.

Thanks

Hi all - I dont mean to hi-jack but I have an exhaust question - I have a 90 MarkVII with a 5.0 HO that has Flowmaster mufflers on it. Although I like the mufflers on my truck on this car it has a horrible drone and the sound isnt as crisp as I think it should/could be. I would like it to have some rumble at idle (not sound like it needs a muffler) and when I get on it I would like to have a performance sound to it. The exhaust has been changed recently from the previous owner. I would also like to help the performance of the car over all seems I should get more bang out of a 5.0 but I'll search around more.

Thanks

go with a whole new exhaust headers in all off the headers use an x pipe then get some flowmaster super 40,s it will sound good im taking the exhaust off of my 91 stang and with a few modifications like hangers it will all fit

Members online

Back