Everything seems to be obsolete!

9 marks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am sure you mark 8 owners can sympathize, I am on my 3 rd mark 8 over the last 11 years, drive it daily 25,000 a year. I love the vehicle and search low mileage cars out and go wherever I need to buy them. I beleive my 97 will be my last due to unavailability of just about everything. Is there a resource out there for mark 8 aprts I do not know about?

parts car

i am sure all mark 8's rear sway bars are interchangeable. LSC might be different but fit. Does anyone have a parts car they are willing to sell the rear sway bar, mine rusted through.1997 mk 8

Where's westchester county?

I've got the stock sway bar off of my 98 LSC sitting in the garage. Before I commit to selling it though, I need to make sure my 97 doesn't need it...

great.Not excited about paying alot I am on my 3 rd mark 8 I buy them low mileage and drive them 30k a year. But would love to have the handling back. Can definately feel the loss. It rusted through. I am just North of NYCity. Let me know what you decide. Could not beleive the bar is hollow.

Should not be herd to remove. The bar is actually hollow so extent of rust is important. If just surface rust it should be ok. Let me know if you would like to take it off and ship to me not excited about too much expense. Let me know. CC I an just North of N.Y,City.

Rear bars out of some tbird's work and are solid. Iirc mines is from a mid 90's sc.

Should not be hard to remove. The bar is actually hollow so extent of rust is important. If just surface rust it should be ok. Let me know if you would like to take it off and ship to me not excited about too much expense. Let me know. CC I an just North of N.Y,City.

I have the stock bars from my 55K mile '98 LSC available. I'm in central NJ, if you want to come and get it. I'm sure we can settle on a reasonable price. We can even install it on my lift. :)

Sounds good.Tolls, and gas $ might be toss up to shipping but i know boxing up etc. is a pain. Where are you exactly. CC

+1 to Doug. Not only do you get to meet a very helpfull member, he can take care of any other issues you have while your there....:D

Wow too far. i guess give me a good price ( broke- two kids in college )including shipping. i am also looking at tires and that neon lense to purchase,found one that works, ordered the aftermarket ballast and still nothing. must be the bulb but have to remove it to test it. After two 96's and 300,000 miles I am learning the fun stuff about 97,98s.

Wow too far. i guess give me a good price ( broke- two kids in college )including shipping. i am also looking at tires and that neon lense to purchase,found one that works, ordered the aftermarket ballast and still nothing. must be the bulb but have to remove it to test it. After two 96's and 300,000 miles I am learning the fun stuff about 97,98s.

Well, you're not willing to make a 2 hour drive, and I'm not willing to ship it. :(

Good luck.

If I remember correctly it would be better to use a Thuderbird Sport rear sway bar from a junk yard ?? I believe the Mark VIII rear sway bar is hollow and rust inside causing them to often break ?? But I heard the Thunderbird ones are solid ?? I have one on the back of mine.

I am not sure how often they break. This is my third mk 8 and drove them all to 150k+ with no problems with the first two 96's I am not sure if i would find one in a local junk yard or if they had the car would be willing to remove it. For $25 i will take my chances no promises on your part i undersatnd. I cut a chunk out of mine to keep it from rubbing. I hope after all this trouble I notice a difference when I replace it. Currently fells like I have a soggy rear.

Members online

No members online now.
Back