Everything is perfect, but. . .

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Its ready to be taken out. Everything is set. Everything is installed. But there is a Header leak. Pass side last pipe on the rear. I just can't get a wrench in there. I turned it. But it still leaks. Is there any tool that is good in this situaltion?

Also, I switched starters. The guy said he only used it once. But for some reason. It will not start it right up. Now I peged my rpm gauge and is stuck on 6k. (From Starter) Istallation was a breeze. Couldn't of went better. I think I may just put my old one back on there.

Everything seems great. Just waiting on a cutoff switch that should be here tomorrow. I got one day off and thats tomorrow. So, any help would be great!

Will it hurt at all if I drive with the leak. It say in the instructions (What!) That you may have to tighten over and over again till seated properly! So, Im thinking it would be okay. But what about my plug wires getting all that heat? I know that can't be good and with the new mods I have done. I am not going to take it easy with Sifrino.

Also, the Manifold spacer. It makes my cold air induction intake fit better. Before it wasn't truly straight. Becoz the intake pipes would touch. Now there is a lil 1/4" space. Which will be perfect when removing the intake. Bcoz before I had to fight it out and twist a little. But now its in and out.

I should take pictures of my fuel pressure gauge. It looks sweet. But can't, no camera. Stock pressure is 43psi. Which I put it at 45psi. 40psi with vac on. Okay here is whay you need a fuel reg. First of all you add air by adding an intake. Then you add exhaust. Gets better flowing. Then a better spark. Now you have to equal the mix. More air equals more fuel! Got to get it right.

Also, its f-ing loud. You wouldn't think it could get louder. But its loud. My girls sister in-laws son. Which is around 3yrs. Said, "Turn it down I can't hear anything!" So, its loud! That was at idel, too!

I get my sugar level up and no one seems to be able to stay with me. Come on, give me some comments! A gallon of Mtn. Dew aint that much in two hours, right!?

I took my old starter to get rebuilt. So, tomorrow should be the day! Everything else is perfect. Well, except for the leak. It bothers me, coz everything must be perfect! I will try my stock hood on for size. Just incase one of you will decide on the manifold spacer. Hopefully it will fit!

Last edited:
the make header wrenchs. they are just open end wrenchs bent a certain way though. I borrowed one when I put headers on the f body i used to have.
I dont nwo what your asking about the starter?

Everything Is Perfect!

It was a little slow off the line at first. Reason: I adjusted my timing. Then adjusted my fuel reg. That is the only reason. Coz I backed off 14% timing. To 10% timing. No races yet. But my eyes are wide open!

New rebuilt starter is awesome. Firsat time ever my car started up with no delay! Also, 14volts constant xcept I still have my ideling problem. But its not as bad and thats the only time it will hit 12 volts!

Hooked up my cutoff switch. Works perfect but I broke the tiny screw that holds the switch part on. It should be an easy fix bcoz its sticking out! I hope! Everything sounds great!

Ohh I had a lil leak coming from the egr spacer. But a lil tighting fixed that. Now it smelled perfect. Nothing like smelling anti freeze on NEW hot headres! Uhhh!

Had a pissing contest on the highway with a ranchro I think. One of the two door car/truck thing. Very nice looking. Cowl induction w/ ground fx all around. It also had a Vette style rear bumper w/ tail lights. Old guy with his lady. Well, he cut me off and since then I was on his a$$ til around 80. (traffic, 55 zone) Not to close, no insur. . . Very hot looking ride. I ussually don't like them.

He was just showing off, as I was too w/ my lady! Hahaha Old guys with nice looking old hotrods have been out all day. We have car shows about every weekend. So, I believe one is coming up. As there is way to many nice rides out!

Header leak is keeping me held back.
:Bang :give

Congratulations Brother! The hard work paid off now ... park it or keep it under 55 until you go to the track. You'll be lucky to get off with a $200.00 speeding ticket and four points. If you are like the average guy, you'll wind up dead in a ditch. If you are unlucky, you'll wreck by killing someone like a family with two infants in car seats, but you survive and have to relive the horror over and over again for the rest of your crippled life.

Now that I have your attention, take it to the track Brother and show them that you REALLY have BALLS!

BTW, did you get the drag radials yet? Your aqua treads :lol: won't make it at the track :)

OS

Rich88LSC said:
the make header wrenchs. they are just open end wrenchs bent a certain way though. I borrowed one when I put headers on the f body i used to have.
I dont nwo what your asking about the starter?

Sifrino3 said:
Ohh, for real!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know you made Ramsey's day!!!

Sifrino3 said:
Everything Is Perfect!

See what I mean?!?!

No drags yet. No speeding ticket yet. No one is dead! I do have to get to the track. I am more worried about finding someone to rebuild my auto tranny for my 84' LSC. I need a car to get around everyday. As of now, Sifrino is parked in the garage! A waiting the day where she drops jaws. Hahaha

OS1! I lost gas miledge! I can barley get 17.8! What happened to 20.2mpg. . . Im thinking its just coz of the header leak! (I hope!) I enjoyed telling everyone when they stop me and tell me. "What are you getting, 15mpg." And I say. Yeah I can muster 20mpg!

Ohh, I got a leak in my oil pan. Needs new gasket. Also needs new drain plugs. Bcoz its dripping from there too. I got a chrome one. Just dont have the money to get it installed. Would be nice to look under the car and not see a lil leak spot.

Members online

Back