Escalade? Suburban/Silverado Rip Off

TownCar97

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe that nobody has ever noted the similarities that I am about to show you. The following pictures compare the Escalade with Its chevy counterparts, the Suburban and the Silverado. From these pictures you can see that the escalade got its body from the suburban along with its interior and the front end, which is so commonly praised for its uniqenes (God only knows why) which it clearly ripped off of the Silverado wholesale. The fact that people do not nitice this boggles my mind. The Hoods are even extreamly similar.

attachment.php
Caddy Rear

attachment.php
Chevy Rear

You can see that all that they did to diferentiate the Caddy from the chevy is add some body cladding.

attachment.php
Caddy Front

attachment.php
Chevy Front

All they did was remove the horizontal chrome line and add chrome to the tip of the hood to make the grille. This is unique?

attachment.php
Caddy Interior

attachment.php
Chevy Interior

Just slap some Bulgari Dials and youve got a winner who looks just like the chevy.

TownCar97 See Reply

Expe Front.JPG

Expe Interior.JPG

Expe Rear.JPG

Navi Back.JPG

Navi Interior.JPG

Navigator Front.JPG

Now it is fords turn. The group who invented the Luxury SUV segments. The first navigator like the caddi looked just like the ford but then lincoln went and compeltly changed the interiors so they bear no resemblence. also, the diferentiation on the exterior is just as different from the ford as the caddy is from the chevy if not more. Just see for yourself.

attachment.jpg
Lincoln Interior

attachment.jpg
Ford Interior

attachment.jpg
Lincoln Front

attachment.jpg
Ford Front

attachment.jpg
Lincoln Rear

attachment.jpg
Ford Rear

The pictures speak for themselves, Ford has worked harder on the navigator than chevy on the caddy. The things they changed the most from the last versions.

The caddy the front-looks like the Chevy Silverado

The Lincoln the interior-Looks like nothing but other lincolns.

Therefore. Chevy Escalade or I mean Cadillac Escalade, excuse me, I just get them confused because they look so alike. Anyway, the Escalade is nothign more than a copied cost saver for GM.

Plus the Navigator has independent rear suspension, Escalade Solid Rear, Navigator, 6-Speed Transmission, Escalade 4-Speed Transmission. it may have more horsepower but 45 does not make much of a difference when the torque between the two is almost the same. The lincoln also has the more up to date floor shifter unlike the caddy which still has the colum shifter. Its just better to have the Navi if you ask me.

TownCar97

i have noticed. ive told people this for a few years now. i just laugh to myself sometimes when i see a Escy!

TownCar97 said:
Somehow I lost the pictures

Here they are again

TownCar97

wow you know I never noticed that before. The first one was obviously based off of the GMC buty I thought with the new one they really changed alot of the sheetmetal after viewing your pics I can really see were the only thing that changed was the design of the chevy truck. LOL

It is very interesting that a few more amenaties will pull in 15 G's.
:Beer

So Ford put a little bit more effort into differentiating the Navedition than GM did for the Suburbalade. Big deal, it's a moot point. A few interior panels may be shaped different, there may be a few little touches around the body, but the Lincoln/Ford versions are still carbon copies of each other. I don't see any commendable and distinguishing effort put into ANY vehicle shown in this thread.

I do agree however on one point, the Nav is definitely the best choice.

Emm well??? The town car is the exact same thing as a Crown Vic??!!! The Mark LT is a F 150. Chevy and Ford are really doing the same things. That is part of why the resale value is crap, they need to start differentiating a little more, like toyota does with Lexus. But then again Many manufactorers simply rebadge their lower end cars to make "Luxury" cars. Remember the G20... cough Nissan Sentra?? Thats how they make money.

kovachian said:
So Ford put a little bit more effort into differentiating the Navedition than GM did for the Suburbalade. Big deal, it's a moot point. A few interior panels may be shaped different, there may be a few little touches around the body, but the Lincoln/Ford versions are still carbon copies of each other. I don't see any commendable and distinguishing effort put into ANY vehicle shown in this thread.

I do agree however on one point, the Nav is definitely the best choice.

It is incorrect to say that "A few interior panels may be shaped different" about the Navigator when comparing it to the Expedition. The fact is that the entire interior is completly different, Even the shifter is moved from the column to the floor, The only thing different about the Escalade interior is the Bulgari gauges and a few gadgets that they add on, other than that everything is the same.

The one thing that you did say that was correct was "the Nav is definitely the best choice."

the earlier escalades i think 99-00 look like yukons if u havnt noticed not the new yukons though the ones from that time if you have seen gone in sixty seconds the escalade in that is the one im talking about i like the new escalades but i see the resemblance

i can't see the pictures because they arent working but i can figure that they prob. do look similar and its much better to purchase a suburban except the only difference is that it wont have the same lux. as a cadillac.

Auto Insurance
AVIC-N2
Medical Info

yeah, the cadillac is probably a little nicer than the suburban, but still your paying for the name.

You all say the negatives about the Escalade.Lets look at some positives.The Escalade may be a copy for the most part.But in my opinion is still nicer all around than the Navigator.The Escalade is a thousand times more reliable than the Navigator.Who gives a rats ass about how different something is from its counterpart if it has piss poor reliablity,which is what the Navigator has.The Escalade also outperforms the Navigator.You mention that the Escalade has ONLY 45 hp and near the same amount of torque.Well,apparently its a lot when the Escalade runs just a 7.9 in the 0-60.For a 6,000lb truck,thats not too shabby.Thats not too far from what most of your Marks run stock.And nearly 2 seconds faster than a 2004 Town Car.The Navigator does the 0-60 in 10.2.

CpeVillStr90 said:
You all say the negatives about the Escalade.Lets look at some positives.The Escalade may be a copy for the most part.But in my opinion is still nicer all around than the Navigator.The Escalade is a thousand times more reliable than the Navigator.Who gives a rats ass about how different something is from its counterpart if it has piss poor reliablity,which is what the Navigator has.The Escalade also outperforms the Navigator.You mention that the Escalade has ONLY 45 hp and near the same amount of torque.Well,apparently its a lot when the Escalade runs just a 7.9 in the 0-60.For a 6,000lb truck,thats not too shabby.Thats not too far from what most of your Marks run stock.And nearly 2 seconds faster than a 2004 Town Car.The Navigator does the 0-60 in 10.2.

Who says that the caddy is more reliable than the Navi?? First time I have heard that. There is no doubt that the caddy is faster than the Navigator, 45+hp more torque and 400 pounds less than the navi, 5550 vs 5900. Navigator is closer to 9 seconds (9.3) 0-60 don't know where that 10.2 came from. But when it comes to quality and everything else the caddy is inferior to the Lincoln. But this is all about to change. The 07 Escalade is coming with over 400hp 22 inch rims, much better and differentiated interior. Watch out Navigator. Because that truck is wayyyy better.

That web address is where I got the 10.1 time.Where did you get your 9.3?

CpeVillStr90 said:
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?modelid=10793&trimid=-1&src=vip

MSN Autos gave these scores to both in the following catergories:

Escalade-overall rating was a 10 out of 10.
Styling-10
Performance-9.7
Quality-10
Interior-10
Recommendation-10

Navigator-Overall rating of 8.2 out of 10
Styling-9.0
Performance-8.5
Quality-8.4
Interior-7.9
Recommendation-7.8

A 10 rating for the Escalade's interior and a 7.9 for the Navi's. Don't know what they were rating on!!! I'm an interior person more than an exterior and to me, the Escalade's interior doesn't even come close to the Navi's. Although I am not fond of the 07' Navi's exterior, there is no contest when comparing it to the 07' Escalade. To me, my 04' Navi's interior is much more plush than the 07' Escalade. Please; if lincolns are know for anything, its their classy, rich, plush and well designed interiors.

Agreed Navi interior better but Exterior has to go The Escalade Old/New Models by far...
:D

in 00 when the escalade 1st came out i used to joke you could save yourself 10k go out buy a denali, then buy caddy emblems install them on the denali and you had an Escalade...

true, but the 02-06 models are superior to the 00 models. both the navi and escalade 02-06 are nice but man the 07 navi ouch:(

Hey! The 07' Escalade looks sweet on the outside and the interior is nicer than prior. Don't know what lincoln was thinking about with the 07' Navi's exterior. I'm very disapointed. Although I'm more of an interior person first, the exterior look is just as important to me and the 07' Navi is too ugly for me to give up my 05-06 style(the wifey keeps mentioning the 07' Escalade).

Were they even trying to compete with Cadillac??? Guess they didn't do much research or think they can get by the cheep way. We'll see how sales go!!! Hopefully it will be so bad that they redesign the Navi in 08' or 09' and listen to the consumers comments and suggestions.

Lincoln will figure it out when they realize all of their 07 navis are still in the dealers lots by 08. Its just sad, Cadillac is laughing all the way to the bank!!!:eek:

Maybe Lincoln got wind of the 07 Escalades and just gave-up. The Escalade has a following with the rap industry, as well as rhim companies, etc.. I understand lincoln wants to keep that classic luxury stilling but they need to look at whats going on today in the above mentioned industries. Look at most of the rap/pop/hip hop videos. Most of them have at least one or more Escalades in them. Talk about free advertisment. Oh I forgot the Navigator still has P-Diddy.

Members online

Back