engine wont Rev Pass 3000

Numba1usmarine

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
today i got in my car and just for :q:q:q:qz and giggles started to Rev my engine but for some reason the engine wont Rev Past 3000 and then the car begins to Vibrate what could be the problem..

2000 Lincoln LS 3.0 with 94000 miles

I was just messin with ya. You are hitting the rev limiter on the car, its normal :D

maybe he's got a grudge against his gearbox/driveshaft? nuetral drops on an engine with over 150 hp is always a very bad idea..

I heard of a guy do a nueatral drop in a scion Xb(lunchbox) and his transmission took a :q:q:q:q.

^ lol sounds like an idea for a new internet video:

2 transmissions, 1 cup

I have mine raised to 6k. Every time I can get next to import car at a light I put it neutral and smash the pedal down bouncing off the limiter repeatedly. I yet to loose a race after this powerful display.

I'm jealous, I thought when I bought the xcal 3 I could get rid of that nasty thing, but eh... no luck.. shoulda bought a gen 1

Does the first gen still rev up slow with the rev limiter off too or is that strictly the TBW ?

I have mine raised to 6k. Every time I can get next to import car at a light I put it neutral and smash the pedal down bouncing off the limiter repeatedly. I yet to loose a race after this powerful display.

lol some how i can see this :D
wha na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na :burnout:

Pardon my ignorance. I've only had my LS for about 2 months. It's an 03. So it is normal when in park for it rev slow and only up to 3,000 rpm. I understand the 3000 rev limit but why does it rev so slowly?

Yep! That is normal. The computer says "I will not abuse my engine in Neutral or Park" It maintains command of the throttle by wire system and just refuses to play hot rod.:Bang :gr_devil:

Well now of course I had to stomp on the gas in park and sure enough it revved to about 2800RPM.

I tried the same on my Mitsubishi which is also drive-by-wire and it flew up toward the redline.:eek: :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back