Engine shudder

dilligaf

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. I have searched for about an hour but did not find much info for my problem.

When driving the car it will get this shuddering, cutting out problem. It happens when accelerating like from a stop light or getting on the highway. It idles fine and does not throw any codes (well, once in a blue moon, the "check advancetrac" light will come on).

I am suspect of the fuel filter but wanted some "expert" advice before i go tracking down problems.

Hello guys. I have searched for about an hour but did not find much info for my problem.

When driving the car it will get this shuddering, cutting out problem. It happens when accelerating like from a stop light or getting on the highway. It idles fine and does not throw any codes (well, once in a blue moon, the "check advancetrac" light will come on).

I am suspect of the fuel filter but wanted some "expert" advice before i go tracking down problems.
You may have a coil in process of failing. Very Common!
KS

What year, engine and mileage?

Is the advancetrac light coming on when it cuts out? One of the wheel sensors could be going bad, it could think you have a tire spinning and the advancetrac is kicking in.

Bad coil would still be my first guess.

What year, engine and mileage?

Is the advancetrac light coming on when it cuts out? One of the wheel sensors could be going bad, it could think you have a tire spinning and the advancetrac is kicking in.

Bad coil would still be my first guess.

That was my guess as well...

2002, V-8, 88k miles.

CEL came on. If I am driving and start up a hill with out pressing the accelerator, it starts cutting out. Now it is idling bad.

I'll put $100 down that the CEL is due to a misfire due to a bad coil

Members online

Back